2021 Patriots Draft

m haynes

Idk anything about this him, we have lots of RB.. i guess it makes sense to get a bigger guy if you are planning for a future of Harris / Taylor / Stevenson after this season? 

No chance Bolden makes the team now, right? Not going to keep 6 RB

Edited by Crimmage

19 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Idk anything about this him, we have lots of RB.. i guess it makes sense to get a bigger guy if you are planning for a future of Harris / Taylor / Stevenson after this season? 

yeah also wouldn't be shocked if Michel is gone before the year. But Bolden can't see him making the roster

5 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

We need to draft a WR. To come out of two consecutive years of the deepest classes ever with nothing to show for would be unacceptable..

Honestly, I don't trust the Pats ability to draft WRs. Not sure why we suck at it so much. I'm okay with them taking a flyer on a late round guy instead and hope for the best. Don't waste more high picks that we know are just going to bust. We have had some luck with some 7th rounders and Undrafted players... for now tho, rely on the free agency class because rookie WRs aren't going get it done for us.

• Like 1

at this point I don't think it makes a difference. We could have gone WR in round 2 or 3 but we opted for the best players. And honestly a solid top 3 like we have is fine for the time being in a 2 TE offense. Maybe add UDFA WR who surprises like Meyers. Better than drafting a 2nd round bust

3 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I've been counting Bolden out every year... dude still makes it. BB really loves special teamers, almost to a fault.

• Like 1

Overall, I have to say I'm about as happy as I could expect to be with this draft. The only way I really could have been happier was getting Fields but we really should have expected Jones from the start given all of the signs. 

I know we all wanted to see WR but they've got plenty to work with this season.. I really want to see if Bourne/Meyers/Harry can take a step in their development too.. who knows, Harry could become .."something" of value

Will be really interesting to see what happens this upcoming season with multiple positions: 

• I could see LT being a 1st round pick next year.. Wynn getting his 5th year picked up and either traded or playing out the year. Trent Brown either resigned to a reasonable deal or Onwenu/Herron taking over fulltime at RT. 
  • Overhaul at CB .. Gilmore and Jackson gone .. any young free agents available at corner next year? We could see one signed.. I really hope that Williams can step up and be ready to play more because they will need him 
  • RB is all set for awhile which I really like what they've done, solid group
  • WR should be interesting.. these new guys are basically on 2 year deals .. next year would be the perfect time to spend a high pick on someone if they don't perform

Oh and a big thing I noticed.. Arizona Cardinals drafted Rondale Moore .. which means Andy Isabella is likely to be on the trading block or cut in camp. I would 100% add him to this team, his level of speed would be perfect for Mac Jones and he is still young. He seems to have fallen out of favor and this article gives a good insight for why he hasn't been more productive. I'm not sure of their needs but I would trade Winovich for him as he could be the odd man out given all the depth at the position

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2021/4/13/22381772/andy-isabella-shades-of-green-and-tilley

Edited by Crimmage

On 4/30/2021 at 11:47 PM, DoleINGout said:

best guys left for the next round or two:

draft prospects 2021

rashad weaver, de/olb

keith taylor jr, cb

jamie newman, qb

jamar johnson, s

derrick barnes, lb/de

jaelon darden, wr

sam ehlinger, ab

tre brown, cb/kr

tylan wallace, wr

trey smith, g

tyree gillespie, s/lb

jacob harris, wr/te

amon-ra st. brown, wr

brevin jordan, te

cornell powell, wr

talanoa hufanga, s

ihmir smith-marsette, wr

michael carter, rb

cameron sample, de/olb

janarius robinson, olb/de

chuba hubbard, rb

ian book, qb

david moore, ol

kary vincent jr, cb/s

kenneth gainwell, rb/wr

tommy togiai, dt

chris evans, rb

tommy doyle, t

stone forsythe, t

shaun wade, cb

michal menet, c/g

jabril cox, lb

sadarius hutchinson, g/t

brandon smith, wr

james wiggins, s

chazz surratt, lb

shaka toney, de/olb

jaylen twyman, dt

daviyon nixon, nt

drew dalmon, g

jaret patterson, rb

only a few went unselected and most went in the fourth round.

I guess the year off affected Jamie Newman more than I gave it credir for. Still a big addition for the Eagles as an UDFA. Biggest/only surprise to me from the list.

also: 

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/North-Texas-Mean-Green-football-tom-brady-is-really-excited-about-getting-Jaelon-Darden-164936649/

I'm pissed at the Patriots draft after the first two days. It was average at best, again. So many good players they could have had or traded up to get. I think the fourth round was a sweet spot this year.