2021 Patriots Draft

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Oh my...

Welp, he fell because of character clearly. Knowing this, I can see why teams would pass. Had an injury in 2019 but rebounded great last season. Wanted the Pats to take Weaver at 96 or after instead of Ronnie Perkins but I think there was some background check NFL teams had on Weaver that we didn't, obviously.

10 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Welp, he fell because of character clearly. Knowing this, I can see why teams would pass. Had an injury in 2019 but rebounded great last season. Wanted the Pats to take Weaver at 96 or after instead of Ronnie Perkins but I think there was some background check NFL teams had on Weaver that we didn't, obviously.

does it make you feel better about the Perkins pick?

Just now, DoleINGout said:

100%

"Knowing this, I can see why teams would pass."

Well, if it is Weaver vs. Perkins, 100% yes I feel better about the choice. If it is Perkins at 96 vs. the field then does this make me feel better about the Perkins pick? Well since Weaver is part of said field, yes I feel slightly better about the pick of Perkins at 96, but there was still quite a bit of value at 96 for other positions that had less depth than edge this year.

@Deadpulse overall, Perkins may be the Patriots best pick from this draft.

Tre Nixon in the seventh is a comparative value.

Jones is probably the right fit for the Pats and thus the third best value given the position, but I'd have taken Zaven Collins at 15 instead and either traded up for Mac Jones if available later (thereby eliminating the Baremore selection), or if Mac was gone then use the third round or later to get a QB.

28 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

@Deadpulse overall, Perkins may be the Patriots best pick from this draft.

Tre Nixon in the seventh is a comparative value.

Jones is probably the right fit for the Pats and thus the third best value given the position, but I'd have taken Zaven Collins at 15 instead and either traded up for Mac Jones if available later (thereby eliminating the Baremore selection), or if Mac was gone then use the third round or later to get a QB.

you and I have always seen value differently in the draft, but that doesnt mean I dont respect it. To me, value is in the eye of the beholder. 

12 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

MF'ing steal for Cleveland. Should have been the pick at 46 or 38. With the exact picks the Pats made, my draft would have been this, (and this isn't hindsight, these were players available at these picks I wanted at the time the original picks were made with the only exception being Rashad Weaver because teams had some background as far as his pending legal issue and we didn't until today):

@Deadpulse this is my value

15: Zaven Collins, LB (went 16th to ARI)

38: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB (went 52nd to CLE)

96: Keith Taylor Jr., CB (went 166th to CAR)

120: Jaelon Darden, WR (went 129th to TB) or Tylan Wallace, WR (went 131st to BAL) or Jacob Harris (went 141st to LAR)

177: Cornell Powell, WR (went 181st to KC)

188: Sam Ehlinger, QB (went 218th to IND)

197: Chris Evans, RB (went 202nd to CIN)

242: Jamie Newsome, QB (went undrafted; signed with PHI)

Mel Kipers so call experts picks. Many mocks had them much higher in the draft. All the player listed were on my "please don't draft these dogs!"  Bold number one on my list

Jamie Newman    I went to church and prayed we didn't take him. He's awful. 
Jaylen Twyman 
Demetric Felton
Seth Williams
Daviyon Nixon
Amon-Ra St. Brown

14 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Mel Kipers so call experts picks. Many mocks had them much higher in the draft. All the player listed were on my "please don't draft these dogs!"  Bold number one on my list

Jamie Newman    I went to church and prayed we didn't take him. He's awful. 
Jaylen Twyman 
Demetric Felton
Seth Williams
Daviyon Nixon
Amon-Ra St. Brown

Thank you for your service

• Like 1