The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

2021 League setting topics for discussion:

1. Changing rolling waivers to FAAB

Yes

2. Superflex league

Yes, however should either be done in a year or two, or make teams drop 1 QB before the draft. 

3. Changing from 3 to 2 IR spots (prior move was only temporary in setting of COVID). This is likely to happen unless COVID is expected to impact the 2021 season.

Yes. 

4. Increasing number of keepers from 12 to 13

Yes.

5. Increasing return yardage scoring

No 

@deathstar @winitall @EaglesPeteC @Lionized @Oregon Ducks @HvacRaider @JaguarCrazy2832 @Sllim Pickens @Bigbear72 @SaveOurSonics @WE-R-Lions @sammymvpknight

As an update on rule changes, the following rules have passed:
- Change rolling waivers to FAAB (starting 2021 season)
- Changing IR spots from 3 to 2 (starting 2021 season)
- Increasing return yardage scoring (starting 2021 season) - We'll look into a good scoring adjustment that makes it worth our while but doesn't overinflate value

The following rule change is still too close to call:
- Increasing number of keepers from 12 to 13 (starting 2021 season). @SaveOurSonics you are the tie breaker here.

I want to clarify the last rule change propose that is not currently going to change at this time. Regarding the Superflex league, no change will be made before the 2022 season. I agree with others that in a dynasty league you really do need time to strategize for a significant change such as that one. I also personally have concerns about overinflating the QB position (which very commonly happens in a 12 team superflex league). Here is what I'm going to propose, and if enough people voted no previously are reconsidering, I will put it back up for vote.

- SuperFlex change would start 2022

- Stat changes at QB: 

• changing passing TDs from 4 to 3.5
  • changing points/passing yard from 0.04 to 0.035
  • changing rushing TDs from 6 to 5.5
  • changing points/rushing yard from 0.1 to 0.095

Using Patrick Mahomes as an example from last year, that change would have adjusted his total point total from 372 points to 327 points. Essentially, a 12% reduction in points. Mahomes would been still been a top 10 player overall, but it would definitely reduce the total number of QBs at the top of the list.

8 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

@deathstar @winitall @EaglesPeteC @Lionized @Oregon Ducks @HvacRaider @JaguarCrazy2832 @Sllim Pickens @Bigbear72 @SaveOurSonics @WE-R-Lions @sammymvpknight

- Increasing return yardage scoring (starting 2021 season) - We'll look into a good scoring adjustment that makes it worth our while but doesn't overinflate value

- Increasing number of keepers from 12 to 13 (starting 2021 season). @SaveOurSonics you are the tie breaker here.

I want to clarify the last rule change propose that is not currently going to change at this time. Regarding the Superflex league, no change will be made before the 2022 season. I agree with others that in a dynasty league you really do need time to strategize for a significant change such as that one. I also personally have concerns about overinflating the QB position (which very commonly happens in a 12 team superflex league). Here is what I'm going to propose, and if enough people voted no previously are reconsidering, I will put it back up for vote.

- Stat changes at QB: 

Using Patrick Mahomes as an example from last year, that change would have adjusted his total point total from 372 points to 327 points. Essentially, a 12% reduction in points. Mahomes would been still been a top 10 player overall, but it would definitely reduce the total number of QBs at the top of the list.

Superflex would still be a no for me, for a 12 team league is to clunky with only having 32 NFL starters available to pick-from for 24 FF starters only leaving 8 QB's for back-ups for bye wk's & inj's.  If your two starting QB's have the same bye wk that's a real problem needing 4 QB's on your roster to fill a roster that wk. considering you could have other players that wk with bye wk's needing to be addressed would multiply the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

- Stat changes at QB: 

I vote yes to SF and no to the point changes.

2 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Superflex would still be a no for me, for a 12 team league is to clunky with only having 32 NFL starters available to pick-from for 24 FF starters only leaving 8 QB's for back-ups for bye wk's & inj's.  If your two starting QB's have the same bye wk that's a real problem needing 4 QB's on your roster to fill a roster that wk. considering you could have other players that wk with bye wk's needing to be addressed would multiply the problem.

I think that the reduction of points at the QB position could make it more palatable. After all, the super flex position isn’t a QB only spot. You’d be able to put another position in there. And if a low end QB gets 12-15 points with the reduction in points...a backup RB/WR might be somewhat comparable. 

But I think it’s more food for thought for the future. I don’t think it’s getting voted in this year. 

On 5/6/2021 at 1:03 PM, sammymvpknight said:

I think that the reduction of points at the QB position could make it more palatable. After all, the super flex position isn’t a QB only spot. You’d be able to put another position in there. And if a low end QB gets 12-15 points with the reduction in points...a backup RB/WR might be somewhat comparable. 

But I think it’s more food for thought for the future. I don’t think it’s getting voted in this year. 

I still don't like it in a 12 team league.  If you have a super flex it overvalues them just because even the bad ones are typically more consistent points in the flex than a WR4 or RB3.  Its a huge advantage to have two QBs starting and when there are not enough QBs for everyone to have a third, it tips the value.  Last year there were 20 QBs in the top 40 players. Even if you scale down their stats a little, there would be 30 in the top 100.    

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a big yes on Superflex (obviously). QB is so devalued in this league. No one wants to trade because everyone seemingly has 2 good ones already. There are 24 legit starters in the league, so everyone should be able to field competitive starting spots. For the four people that don't have a starting 3rd string, that's part of the strategy. Either grab a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick as your #3 or hold Taylor Heinicke (just an example). Hold a guy like Jordan Love. It's pretty much the same thing with TE. You'll have teams with a clear advantage at that position because they prioritized it. 

No on an extra keeper. Dilutes an already thin draft pool. 

On 5/5/2021 at 11:53 AM, Lionized said:

2. Superflex league

Yes, however should either be done in a year or two, or make teams drop 1 QB before the draft.

I understand why people want a year to strategize around this, but I also think this is a very fair compromise if we feel we can accelerate that timeline. Looking at most of your teams, most of you already have 2 great QBs. If every team has to throw-in another QB + we have 4 legit draft-worthy QBs from the 2021 class, that's a pretty healthy mix-up of talent to get things started. 

Unlikely I imagine, but worth mentioning. 

• Like 1