The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

2 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Fairly surprised Toney fell as far as he did. I don't know if he'll ever develop as an over the top threat but I love his potential as a Deebo Samuel type. 

Also love the Gabriel Davis pick. Definitely was a target for me at 3.3.

Thanks, it was between him and someone else. I waffled but in the end I really liked what I saw from him last year and I wanted to be tied to that Bills passing game.

Toney wasn't even on my list for this round. Two words- Daniel Jones. Plus with Kenny G, Sheppard, Evan Engram, Sheppard, Barkley. There are just too many mouths to feed in a passing game that I don't expect to be overly dynamic. 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Toney wasn't even on my list for this round. Two words- Daniel Jones. Plus with Kenny G, Sheppard, Evan Engram, Sheppard, Barkley. There are just too many mouths to feed in a passing game that I don't expect to be overly dynamic.

For this year, sure, but I'd be thinking more long-term. I could easily see Toney end the season as the #2 target on that list of players. Not to mention, an underneath YAC threat like Toney/Deebo is far less prone to QB mistakes than other WRs. 

I'm also just generally a very big Toney fan so it's entirely possible I'm overrating him. 

4 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

For this year, sure, but I'd be thinking more long-term. I could easily see Toney end the season as the #2 target on that list of players. Not to mention, an underneath YAC threat like Toney/Deebo is far less prone to QB mistakes than other WRs. 

I'm also just generally a very big Toney fan so it's entirely possible I'm overrating him. 

I think you’re about on point with Toney potential. 

Edited by Lionized

I know a lot of teams that really like Toney. The Jaguars apparently wanted him badly...and there's a good chance they take him over Etienne. I think that's crazy...but draft capital is still important. Daniel Jones has been pretty bad at times, but Kenny G is really the only good WR on that team. Engram is a solid TE...but like Barkley, he's inconsistent with injury. The cream tends to find a way to rise to the top. If Toney doesn't pan out it'll be because he was overdrafted, like many think. If Daniel Jones sucks...he'll be out the door and they'll get another QB. Not a huge concern in a dynasty league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Gainwell will be better  than most think, the coach came from Ind. He likes to feed targets to his #2back. If I didn't  need WR depth I would have ta him at 1.11

@Lionized

I think a lot of people forgot what he did in Memphis back in 2019, but he opted out last season. He was a backfield reception machine and had great YAC. He was the starter over Gibson. Hopefully he will be Hines 2.0 in that offense. I think he will be able to beat out Scott for number two on the depth chart. 

10 hours ago, Lionized said:

I think a lot of people forgot what he did in Memphis back in 2019, but he opted out last season. He was a backfield reception machine and had great YAC. He was the starter over Gibson. Hopefully he will be Hines 2.0 in that offense. I think he will be able to beat out Scott for number two on the depth chart. 

I don't see the fantasy upside in him for a while.  He has a few backs he needs to beat out and Kerryon Johnson has flashed when healthy. Miles is young and the bell cow.  There are three other backs there that could take snaps and be productive.  He will have to be head and shoulders better than the rest to get enough touches to be fantasy worthy.  Albeit this is a dynasty league, I just don't see much value until Miles is gone.  I think he is a great talent, just in a crowded room.