Jump to content

The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

What scoring do you use for QB's in your SF league?

We went back down to standard scoring, though I see sammy's rationale to decrease QB scoring to open up opportunities for other positions to see time in that SF spot. We also implement a 3 QB limit per roster and I've never seen a team not be able to play a QB in that spot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good opportunity to go BPA and I am stoked to land Eskridge this late. Been trying to trade up for him as my #14 overall player but wasn't able to pull anything off. Should be a weapon year 1 with our return yardage scoring updates and I fully expect him to be the Seahawks #2 by the 2022 season. I'm pretty sure 3.3 is about the exact place I took Laviska Shenault last year, and I expect a similar rise in value from Eskridge. 

 

@HvacRaider OTC

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Great Pk with L Murray!

Was hopping he would last until my next pk :( 

Agreed. He was in a pool of 4 guys I was considering. I think he holds legit RB2 potential even if Kamara stays healthy. 

If he wasn't already 31 years old I probably would've went in that direction. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Love the Javian Hawkins pick. Was incredibly close to taking him over Eskridge. 

I don't trust Mike Davis and think Hawkins can overtake him.  Davis struggles in pass pro so I am thinking Hawkins overtakes lead back duties by mid season.  At least thats my hope.  lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Love the Antonio Brown pick. Was going to take him next as trade bait when someone inevitably gets hurt. 

It hurt not keeping him but then decided I just needed to go RB only and hope to find something worth while.  I love AB at this point in a dynasty draft though given he has value for a couple more years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't trust Mike Davis and think Hawkins can overtake him.  Davis struggles in pass pro so I am thinking Hawkins overtakes lead back duties by mid season.  At least thats my hope.  lol

I think the more likely scenario is if Mike Davis doesn't pans out...the Falcons draft a RB next year. Let's look at his best case scenario...James Robinson. Hawkins isn't as good as Robinson, and yet the Jaguars STILL went out and got a better RB in the draft. But hey...at this point...why not. Lots of prayers at this point in the draft.

Edited by sammymvpknight
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think the more likely scenario is if Mike Davis doesn't pans out...the Falcons draft a RB next year. Let's look at his best case scenario...James Robinson. Hawkins isn't as good as Robinson, and yet the Jaguars STILL went out and got a better RB in the draft. But hey...at this point...why not. Lots of prayers at this point in the draft.

But I think Hawkins has the talent too.  More than Robinson with his speed and catching ability.  And Jax got a new coaching staff that went and got Etienne which is not likely in ATL if Hawkins has a good year.  And to be honest, I think Robinson still has value and would easily have drafted him by the third round if he was available in this draft.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

But I think Hawkins has the talent too.  More than Robinson with his speed and catching ability.  And Jax got a new coaching staff that went and got Etienne which is not likely in ATL if Hawkins has a good year.  And to be honest, I think Robinson still has value and would easily have drafted him by the third round if he was available in this draft.   

Maybe...but a situation like Robinson is incredibly rare. It’s like a Terrell Davis situation. Almost always UDFA are dart throws for an organization. And fantasy football after the first few rounds is a dart throw. So we are talking about a dart throw of a dart throw. Robinson wasn’t drafted in dynasty last year, neither was Lindsay when get had his moment in the sun. Neither was Pierre Thomas. When one of these guys pan out it is pretty much also random, and the stars have to align in just the right way. My bet is if someone from this UDFA class pans out, it’ll be someone completely off our radar. 

Really the only case I can even think of was Arian Foster, but he was exceptionally talented but red flag galore

Edited by sammymvpknight
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...