The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

6 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

This league is interesting.  Don't think I have ever seen the playoffs settled 5 weeks before the playoffs start.  The seeding will fluctuate but the teams wont. 

That's quit something conceidring the 10th place team has less than 100 overall pt's for the year than the 6th place team who will qualify for the playoffs.

Edited by WE-R-Lions
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 11:50 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

This league is interesting.  Don't think I have ever seen the playoffs settled 5 weeks before the playoffs start.  The seeding will fluctuate but the teams wont. 

The distribution of wealth is definitely skewed. I suspect a Superflex/2QB league will improve that (QBs become bargaining chips in trades and will push talented skill position players down in the draft). 

On 12/7/2021 at 8:25 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

The distribution of wealth is definitely skewed. I suspect a Superflex/2QB league will improve that (QBs become bargaining chips in trades and will push talented skill position players down in the draft). 

I think that there is a decent argument that expanding the number of keepers could potentially increase the divide, and might not be a good decision. I'm not sure yet how a SuperFlex would effect the landscape...I haven't looked hard enough at each team.

On 12/7/2021 at 8:25 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

I actually don’t think the distribution of wealth is off, I think there has just been some wonky stuff this year. If you ignored records and just looked at points for, I kinda see a distribution of:

Contenders: 4

Back-end playoff Contenders: 3

Average/Continuing Rebuild: 3 or 4

Rebuilding: 1 or 2

That seems about right to me?

On 12/10/2021 at 4:10 PM, winitall said:

I actually don’t think the distribution of wealth is off, I think there has just been some wonky stuff this year. If you ignored records and just looked at points for, I kinda see a distribution of:

Contenders: 4

Back-end playoff Contenders: 3

Average/Continuing Rebuild: 3 or 4

Rebuilding: 1 or 2

That seems about right to me?

That I agree. Really rough and unpredictable year…much more than I can remember in the past. Lots of low scores as well. 

On 12/12/2021 at 5:10 PM, sammymvpknight said:

That I agree. Really rough and unpredictable year…much more than I can remember in the past. Lots of low scores as well. 

FF is mostly unpredictable!

This year:

RaiderNation Tinknocker has scored the 2nd fewest FF Pt's for the year but will be picking 6th next year.

The Blackshirts has scored the 5th most FF Pt's for the year but will be picking 2nd next year.

Roster make-up's, Teams you play, When you play them, Bye Wk's, Inj's, Covid, Who you start, Player performance, All play a roll.

2 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

FF is mostly unpredictable!

This year:

RaiderNation Tinknocker has scored the 2nd fewest FF Pt's for the year but will be picking 6th next year.

The Blackshirts has scored the 5th most FF Pt's for the year but will be picking 2nd next year.

Roster make-up's, Teams you play, When you play them, Bye Wk's, Inj's, Covid, Who you start, Player performance, All play a roll.

Tried to sell Deebo everywhere this past offseason, ends up leading my team to a bye. What a weird year.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

It's been a rough year, here's a list of players on my team that's out or on IR.....All starters :(

Christian McCaffrey

DeAndre Hopkins

Chris Carson

Chase Edmonds

Kelce picked a good week to show up for you. I have him in another league...and he's been a pretty big disappointment relative to the price paid to get him. He's going to win the wildcard week for lots of teams this week.

7 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Kelce picked a good week to show up for you. I have him in another league...and he's been a pretty big disappointment relative to the price paid to get him. He's going to win the wildcard week for lots of teams this week.

No kidding!! My whole team has under performed most weeks this year do to Inj's & matchup's. If I can get 3 strong wk's when it counts, then it's all good!

Hill also made an appearance this week for you! He's been a tad down this year as well.  

On 12/14/2021 at 10:33 AM, deathstar said:

Tried to sell Deebo everywhere this past offseason, ends up leading my team to a bye. What a weird year.

Weird. When I posted this I had a bye, looking at the standings and brackets now I don’t. Oh well, let’s see if my team can overcome Kelce’s biggest game of his career.