The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

14 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Stupid question, was this league always 3.5 points per passing TD and .03 points per pass yards?

We temporarily changed the settings to determine how it would affect QB scoring, but it has been changed back to 4 points per passing TD and 0.04 points per pass yard. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2021 at 7:04 AM, sammymvpknight said:

- 10 return yards/ 0.75 point

Not to be that guy, but doesn’t this type of change have just as much potential impact as a Superflex? 

And that’s not to say we shouldn’t do it, but if we’re pushing Superflex out a year to give people a buffer to strategize and shape their roster around it, should we not afford the same buffer for return yards? 

1 minute ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Not to be that guy, but doesn’t this type of change have just as much potential impact as a Superflex? 

And that’s not to say we shouldn’t do it, but if we’re pushing Superflex out a year to give people a buffer to strategize and shape their roster around it, should we not afford the same buffer for return yards? 

It’s a good point. I just looked at the values and it does make some difference for some players. I’ll talk it over. 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

It’s a good point. I just looked at the values and it does make some difference for some players. I’ll talk it over. 

I just remember last time we had this type of scoring (not sure if it was exactly the same, but return yards) it had a pretty significant impact on values. Tyler Lockett was like a top 3 WR that year IIRC.  

3 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I just remember last time we had this type of scoring (not sure if it was exactly the same, but return yards) it had a pretty significant impact on values. Tyler Lockett was like a top 3 WR that year IIRC.  

It was all over the place. One year Lockett killed it...then the next it was essentially pointless. I wasn’t a commissioner then. But it’s hard to use precedence in this situation...I’d be more interested in just using a logical choice. 

Players I would entertain moving: 

QB Justin Herbert
QB Dak Prescott
QB Jalen Hurts
*only trading 1 of them

RB Joe Mixon
RB Kareem Hunt
RB JK Dobbins
RB Gus Edwards
*would move up to 2 of these guys

WR Tyler Lockett
WR Cooper Kupp