Patrick
Turner

What we'll get is:

Turner
Jenkins
Linsley
Patrick
????

If Wagner is a-go, he's at RT; Turner at LT scares the $#!^ out of me because he can't handle a speed rush let alone a speed-to-power rush. Wagner's been banged up...

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Wishful thinking. What would work is:

Jenkins
Runyan
Linsley
Patrick
Turner

What we'll get is:

Turner
Jenkins
Linsley
Patrick
????

If Wagner is a-go, he's at RT; Turner at LT scares the $#!^ out of me because he can't handle a speed rush let alone a speed-to-power rush. Wagner's been banged up...

IF Wagner can’t go I would like Jenkins at left and Turner at right tackles.  Patrick and Runyan at guard.  Linsley snapping of course. Quick to provide help if needed anywhere.  Even more focus on running the ball which lessens the loss.

Linsley more likely yet to be given a contract now with Bak PUP’d going into next year.  Continuity so important with this O-Line.  Wagner more likely to return as well.  More interest yet in an OT early in the draft.  This loss puts a lot of wheels in motion short and longer term.

Edited by 15412
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We need to hire the guy that built RoboCop to make a new leg for Bakhtiari.  It is now the future, that makes RoboCop real. 

Now your just being ridiculous....Next thing you know the league is using cyborgs in place of human beings...Not sure the teams would allow for this in their Collective Bargaining Agreements....

9 hours ago, 15412 said:

IF Wagner can’t go I would like Jenkins at left and Turner at right tackles.  Patrick and Runyan at guard.  Linsley snapping of course. Quick to provide help if needed anywhere.  Even more focus on running the ball which lessens the loss.

Linsley more likely yet to be given a contract now with Bak PUP’d going into next year.  Continuity so important with this O-Line.  Wagner more likely to return as well.  More interest yet in an OT early in the draft.  This loss puts a lot of wheels in motion short and longer term.

Not really.  The Bak injury is another example of the dangers of giving huge 3rd contracts. For me, you only do this for the absolute corner stones of the teams. Centre is a position that you should be able to promote within without a risky big 3rd contract. Not saying Linsley will get an ACL but he has been picking up injuries.  This isn't a contract I would consider unless we were absolutely swimming with cap space.

I liked the multiple late picks on the line and I would keep doing that sort of thing. It gives you a very good chance of a very strong interior over multiple years whilst being able to swerve the 3rd contracts. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Malfatron said:

We just need to go 4-0 with our LT down.

we got this

This sucks, but to put it in perspective, KC has been without half or more of their starting OL and they are still expected to win the SB. We'll have to deal with it. 

2 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Not really.  The Bak injury is another example of the dangers of giving huge 3rd contracts. For me, you only do this for the absolute corner stones of the teams. Centre is a position that you should be able to promote within without a risky big 3rd contract. Not saying Linsley will get an ACL but he has been picking up injuries.  This isn't a contract I would consider unless we were absolutely swimming with cap space.

I liked the multiple late picks on the line and I would keep doing that sort of thing. It gives you a very good chance of a very strong interior over multiple years whilst being able to swerve the 3rd contracts. 

Elite LTs are more valuable than centers, even if your center is one of the best like Linsley is.   🙁

• Like 1

At least we were able to look back at 3 games w/o Bakh this season to help prepare. Houston, Minnesota, SF. Went 2-1. Averaged 30.3 ppg over those three games. Gave up 2 sacks total in those 3 games. Rodgers had 11 TDs, 0 picks, passer ratings of 132, 111 and 147. Not as good in the run game (105 ypg - but we also didn't have Aaron Jones for 2 of those games).

Won't be as easy to win, but think we can weather this if Rodgers is as on point as he has been throughout the season.

15 hours ago, 15412 said:

idk...not sure it's a guarantee but if we can pull it off along with keeping King, Jones, and Williams I'm all for it.

We were already discussing OT options, but this may have just intensified that discussion both on this forum, and in the Packer FO.

I'm not sure more focus will be running the ball this week with Hicks back in the line-up for Chicago and multiple rookies starting at DB for the Bears. This could be one of those games where you see a lot of bunch formations in passing situations.

3 hours ago, Tperk said:

Wonder if this will mean less AJD because his pass protection isn't quite as good as Jones or Williams?

It will be more AJD. I'm expecting an even more run heavy offense with Bak out. If we're not down big I expect they just pound the ball. That would bold well against high powered offensive teams like Tampa and KC. Can't win a shootout with those two teams.

Edited by St Vince