David Bakhtiari fears torn ACL

rthom348

8 hours ago, Leader said:

I dont think Uglem was saying Patrick would slide in to LT.......if thats what you're referring to. I'm not entirely certain (as I dont keep a keen eye on OL matters) but I don't think Patrick's spent any time at any of the tackle positions. If thats the case, now is not the time to start experimenting. 

No - I took his meaning to be that if Jenkins moves to LT - Patrick could fill his spot at LG.
Neither may happen. They might put Turner at LT. I believe he played there some earlier this year and leave Jenkins alone at LG.  We'll see soon enough.

Didn't Patrick play LG when Jenkins moved to C and struggled there?  I'd be more comfortable with him on the right side.

Veldheer is in play.

Of course the Packers were four hours late getting to him as he signed with Colts PS... The good news is if the Colts miss the playoffs, which is likely (go Titans), he'll be FA. He could be a Packer by Monday. 

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

Didn't Patrick play LG when Jenkins moved to C and struggled there?  I'd be more comfortable with him on the right side.

LG?  Perhaps. I dont know specifically. I was thinking your comment dealt with him moving to LT - which I dont think anybody wants or is in the cards. Patrick's best days are at G.

Acme Packing -  What options do the Packers have to fill in for David Bakhtiari?

1 - Start Rick Wagner at left tackle, Billy Turner at right tackle, and Lucas Patrick at right guard
2 - Billy Turner at left tackle, Lucas Patrick at right guard, Rick Wagner at right tackle
3 - Start Elgton Jenkins at left tackle and Lucas Patrick left guard
This grouping is the most intriguing in my mind. Jenkins is the best athlete on the line and has shown he can play anywhere on the line on fairly short notice. If the Packers want to get a look at this lineup prior to the playoffs, throwing Jenkins into the fire now — with very little time to prepare — might be a good way to do it. This configuration also leaves the right side of the line completely intact. If you’re hoping for as little disruption as possible, that’s worth remembering.
4 - Additional consideration: the Jon Runyan factor
It should be noted that Jon Runyan might be a better option than Lucas Patrick in each of these lineup combinations. Though he’s slightly lighter than Patrick, he’s longer. More to the point, he might just be better. Patrick, though playing hurt, was rough in his last few opportunities, especially against the Eagles. If the Packers want to see what they have in Runyan, there’s no time like the present.

I'd be surprised if Runyan starts. Fill in if/when somebody gets nicked and the shuffling begins? Perhaps so.

21 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Veldheer is in play.

Of course the Packers were four hours late getting to him as he signed with Colts PS... The good news is if the Colts miss the playoffs, which is likely (go Titans), he'll be FA. He could be a Packer by Monday. 

The Colts have to beat the Jags (likely) and then hope one of the Browns, Ravens, Titans, Dolphins lose and they are in. Doubtful they miss the playoffs.

Not sure why we couldn't still try and steal him, they'd have to promote him to the active roster.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The Colts have to beat the Jags (likely) and then hope one of the Browns, Ravens, Titans, Dolphins lose and they are in. Doubtful they miss the playoffs.

Not sure why we couldn't still try and steal him, they'd have to promote him to the active roster.

Whats he been doing this year? Has be been getting snaps with aybody? Overcoming an injury? Or waiting for the phone call that only recently came?
In other words, would he be effective (?) or more than just an experienced body at tackle / depth protection? 

Ben Fennell -    Three options (we've seen) for the Packers offensive line moving forward without David Bakhtiari

LT Billy Turner/RT Wagner
LT Rick Wagner/RT Turner
LT Elgton Jenkins/LG Runyan

Elgton Jenkins CAN play OT but I'd imagine keeping G-C-G intact would keep continuity inside...

////

Note - no Patrick.