David Bakhtiari fears torn ACL

rthom348

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Whats he been doing this year? Has be been getting snaps with aybody? Overcoming an injury? Or waiting for the phone call that only recently came?
In other words, would he be effective (?) or more than just an experienced body at tackle / depth protection? 

Exact same thing he did last year. He signs with a team late in the year for a playoff run.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Yes, 10 to 12 month recovery for ACL tears.

Simmons for the Titans did it in about 8 months and was starting soon after in his rookie year.  We’ll see but this obviously sounds like a full tear with surgery. Hopefully pounding beers will give him super healing powers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Nah, nowadays if only the ACL is torn, they are usually back in 8-9.

I don't think the Packers will rush him back that fast. He still won't be in playing shape not being able to run or workout. I'm thinking 10 to heal,  6  weeks to get back in playing shape. Packers have too much invested not to be cautious how fast they want to bring him back.

Edited by St Vince

56 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I don't think the Packers will rush him back that fast. He still won't be in playing shape not being able to run or workout. I'm thinking 10 to heal,  6  weeks to get back in playing shape. Packers have too much invested not to be cautious how fast they want to bring him back.

ACLs are nothing these days.