The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

3 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

The fact that this was posted during the game says it all. They're done with him and he will be fired or a buyout will be reached tomorrow. 

Good. Let's go grab Stoops or Chip. If both say no, try to get Frost locked up before Nebraska comes calling.

17 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's better than Crapelwain. But I'm torn on him. I don't think he's a good recruiter. Plus, I heard he burned some bridges while at UF with his personality.

Whoosh. But yeah he is miles better than mclolwain. But he wont be stepping foot on this campus next year. My early eye is on Frost to be our next head coach.

• Like 1

Fire Mac ASAP and get a jump on everyone else. IMO first you go to Stoops and offer him whatever to land him or make him say no, if he does, go all out for Frost before Nebraska cans Riley. 

If we can't get either of them, settle for Miles I guess (I'm assuming that Fuente isn't leaving VT) and hire a young OC or DC to be HCIW like you would with Stoops. No to Mullen and no to Norvell. 

7 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

He knows his time is up bcuz he hasn't gotten the job done.  He said as much in his post-game presser today.  But I find it hard to imagine he made that stuff up.  I know you guys just want him gone but do you think he really lied like that?  Was he supposed to record the calls like he's Lester Freamon?

Edited by thrILL!

I'm wondering about the implications of the whole "buyout" situation with Jim. I'm sure Florida has really deep pockets, but if you have to pay him his buyout, does that hinder your options for the next HC search? I'm a Nebraska fan and I'd rather see you guys spend big bucks on Bob Stoops or someone of equal stature than spend $5M on Scott Frost.

10 hours ago, thrILL! said:

He knows his time is up bcuz he hasn't gotten the job done.  He said as much in his post-game presser today.  But I find it hard to imagine he made that stuff up.  I know you guys just want him gone but do you think he really lied like that?  Was he supposed to record the calls like he's Lester Freamon?

He never reported it to anyone else before bringing it up in the presser. If it is true then he should've reported the threats before saying anything about it, that's the problem.