The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

26 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

From everything I’ve gathered it’s either Napier (who is the runaway #1 option) or Matt Campbell (if Napier turns us down). Maybe @jrry32 has some different info.  

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you’re all safe and healthy. 

Sounds like we're locked in on Napier. I don't know who the Plan B is. Campbell is a name that has been thrown out.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Guessing the rumors or Sunday / Monday announce are true then? 

That's what I'm hearing. People have mentioned Matt Campbell as a backup plan. But there has been very little talk about it. It feels like all but a done deal.

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's what I'm hearing. People have mentioned Matt Campbell as a backup plan. But there has been very little talk about it. It feels like all but a done deal.

Napier will be announced tomorrow or Monday. If not it will be Campbell and that will come after the bowl game. However, all signs point to the Napier deal being done. 

The 24/7 guys think Brewster and Robinson are going to be retained. Not overly thrilled about CRob, but he is a good recruiter and I'm willing to give him a chance coaching under an actual competent DC. 

Rumors of Jim Knowles and Doug Belk being targeted as potential DCs. Either one would be a home run. 

Edited by eggybucsfan31

1 hour ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

The 24/7 guys think Brewster and Robinson are going to be retained. Not overly thrilled about CRob, but he is a good recruiter and I'm willing to give him a chance coaching under an actual competent DC. 

Rumors of Jim Knowles and Doug Belk being targeted as potential DCs. Either one would be a home run. 

Robinson is not going to be retained. He's an awful position coach.