The Florida Gators thread

6 hours ago, Scalamania said:

At this point if it’s not Belk or Knowles it’ll be a major disappointment. 

It sounds to me like Knowles is #1 and Belk is #2. I'd expect we get one or the other. The other names I've heard are: Chris Rumph, Tim Skipper, Tosh Lupoi, and Desmond Kitchings. I'll be interested to see what he does at DB Coach. Could bring along Jeff Burris as CB Coach, could go after a big name like Derrick Ansley, or could go after an up-and-comer like Aazar Abdul-Rahim.

51 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It sounds to me like Knowles is #1 and Belk is #2. I'd expect we get one or the other. The other names I've heard are: Chris Rumph, Tim Skipper, Tosh Lupoi, and Desmond Kitchings. I'll be interested to see what he does at DB Coach. Could bring along Jeff Burris as CB Coach, could go after a big name like Derrick Ansley, or could go after an up-and-comer like Aazar Abdul-Rahim.

Don’t think I’d mind Tosh but he wouldn’t be first option. I would absolutely love AAR though (as a position coach). 

38 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Right now, rumor is that Knowles is staying, so Belk is our guy at DC.

I'm assuming this is in regards to what Gundy said? It just seemed like Gundy was speculating that he'll be there. He's due for a raise and I'm sure a lot of teams will come calling. I wouldn't count him out yet. 

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

I'm assuming this is in regards to what Gundy said? It just seemed like Gundy was speculating that he'll be there. He's due for a raise and I'm sure a lot of teams will come calling. I wouldn't count him out yet. 

More than that. Poster on a UF insider forum I'm on is saying he heard it from a source of his. Not making any guarantees he's right. Just saying that's the rumor.