The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

53 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

@MSURacerDT55 and other OSU peeps, is Jack Miller any good? I know he got a DUI, but I'm curious about his on-field abilities.

He’s a good kid from all indications at least but made a mistake. We haven’t really seen enough of him on the field yet to make a fair determination, but he was pretty good the limited amount he was out there. He had fallen to third string though behind McCord prior to his legal mishap. I figured he would go to more of a sure thing destination with his transfer as far as being a starter somewhere. The gators looking at him or something?

• Like 1

Just now, NateDawg said:

He’s a good kid from all indications at least but made a mistake. We haven’t really seen enough of him on the field yet to make a fair determination, but he was pretty good the limited amount he was out there. He had fallen to third string though behind McCord prior to his legal mishap. I figured he would go to more of a sure thing destination with his transfer as far as being a starter somewhere. The gators looking at him or something?

That's the rumor. Heard he was on campus recently. We're likely losing two QBs to transfer (Emory and Del Rio or Kitna), so he'd be in a position to battle Anthony Richardson and Del Rio or Kitna for the starting job.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jrry32 said:

@MSURacerDT55 and other OSU peeps, is Jack Miller any good? I know he got a DUI, but I'm curious about his on-field abilities.

There is plenty of arm talent and accuracy, but part of me thought that he was intimidated by the big stage. Lets be clear, if Ryan Day likes you as a QB, you have skill, I just didnt think he has the big school mentality.

• Like 1

Just going to put it on record how much I despise Mullen's assistants for making me watch 3.5 hours of Emory Jones not being able to hit the broadside of a barn. He's transferring. There's no reason to make us suffer through that. Thank god he's going elsewhere. We owe him thanks for getting Mullen fired, though.

And Napier's assistant coaching targets are extraordinarily impressive. His rumored list is:

TE: William Peagler (Michigan State HB Coach)

OL: Rob Sale (NY Giants OL Coach)

DL: Eric Henderson (LA Rams DL Coach)

EDGE: Chris Rumph (Chicago Bears DL Coach)

Co-DC/ILBs: Karl Scott (Minnesota Vikings DB Coach)

Scott was Bama's DB Coach from 2018 through 2020 and is a major recruiter. Henderson is one of the best DL developers in the NFL. Both are major hires. Rumph is the one who is the biggest question mark right now. He is reportedly wanting to stay in the NFL if a good job presents itself.

Edited by jrry32

• 2 weeks later...

ULL RG O'Cyrus Torrence and CB Mekhi Garner have entered the transfer portal. Torrence is one of the top guards in the country at 6'5" 335. Garner is a 6'2" 217 pound CB who is likely to play on Sundays. We seem like the favorite to land both.

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Staying to finish degree and then transfer or staying to be on the team?

Florida quarterback Emory Jones is expected to remain with the team and has enrolled in classes for the spring semester, reversing previous reports the signal-caller was planning on entering the NCAA transfer portal, according to Matt Zenitz. Swamp247 has confirmed through sources that Jones attended Tuesday's team meeting.

TBD I guess - seems likely he'll leave after the semester but who knows.