The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Just flipped Kearney from FSU. Cormani is expected to commit to us this week. And we reportedly are leading with Desmond Ricks. Napier is doing his part with this class.

The class is great given the underwhelming product on the field right now. From what I've read (which isn't much) looks like there's an expectation that Walker flips eventually.

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

The class is great given the underwhelming product on the field right now. From what I've read (which isn't much) looks like there's an expectation that Walker flips eventually.

Need to convince Walker's mom. He'd be a Gator lock if she'd agree. We're also in the thick of things on a few other guys: Kayden McDonald, Jordan Hall (DL from Jax), Jayvant Brown (my understanding is he doesn't have a committable offer yet), Cedric Baxter (still likely to go to Texas), and some mystery guys we're trying to flip. On the mystery guys, at least one is a well-regarded OL, and it's apparently going well for us. Don't know who, though.

Edited by jrry32

The Cormani thing is not a super big surprise to me, we haven't been able to close on top recruits for some time now and with NIL becoming such a major factor it seems like it'll stay that way. 

I'm still not super high on Napier - but it's hard to sit here and blame him and the staff for this. It seems like the program is just stuck in a continuous cycle of either ****ty recruiting or ****ty on field performance/coaching. 

...and when we get whacked tomorrow it'll be the icing on the cake to another miserable season as a Gators fan.