The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

6 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I don't disagree - he's the man, he's the "CEO", he's failed at numerous avenues to bring a quarterback in two years in a row. Obviously the UAA, our terrible AD and whatever dip****s are running GC are also failing him but like I said above he's the one going to take the blame. 

It's going to be an interesting year because I tend to believe that this is going to be a pretty bad team and for my money the pressure is going to be on the whole staff to perform or their time here is going to be brief. 

I think we shouldn't be a bad team based on talent, but I have zero faith in Toney to get the defense fixed. 

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

He's in it seems - the offensive line is going to be MASSIVE. 

He is in. Some good portal news lately. Got HB depth (Cameron Carroll), LB/STs depth (Mannie Nunnery), and a borderline five-star OT transferring after his true freshman year (Kiyaunta Goodwin). Now, we need to get a QB after the spring.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He is in. Some good portal news lately. Got HB depth (Cameron Carroll), LB/STs depth (Mannie Nunnery), and a borderline five-star OT transferring after his true freshman year (Kiyaunta Goodwin). Now, we need to get a QB after the spring.

I'm hoping we look to add an EDGE, S, QB and WR in spring. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It looks like that Patrick Toney is joining the Arizona Cardinals' staff as an assistant. Austin Armstrong, the Bama ILB Coach, is expected to replace him.

It looks to be official - I wasn't a Toney guy but I don't think this is much of an upgrade. We had the chance to go out and get a legit P5 DC and BN does this. 

....time will tell I guess but my expectations are very low. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
9 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Team plays exactly how Napier's demeanor is. Boring, dull and emotionless. 

It was a hard watch - I’ve been a fan for 25+ years and this is easily the most dejected I’ve felt about the program. The coaches did an absolute **** job - every unit had crucial mistakes and it’s the same garbage from last year. 

….and why tf we didn’t hire an offensive coordinator is beyond me, the play calling last night was putrid. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scalamania said:

It was a hard watch - I’ve been a fan for 25+ years and this is easily the most dejected I’ve felt about the program. The coaches did an absolute **** job - every unit had crucial mistakes and it’s the same garbage from last year. 

….and why tf we didn’t hire an offensive coordinator is beyond me, the play calling last night was putrid. 

Dude has to hire a real OC. He's not a SEC-caliber OC.

• Like 1