The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

Just now, jrry32 said:

One can say the exact same thing to you. Difference is that I'm aware enough to realize that my guy isn't a realistic option. On the other hand, you think a guy with a 45-49 career record and ZERO career bowl wins is a realistic option here. Let me know how that one goes over with the fans. The AD knows it would not go well, and that's why they'll steer clear.

You have absolutely zero factual evidence besides what you think that suggests Taggart is not an option. So to parade around here like you're information is the end all be all is ridiculous. 

You don't want him - I get that, hell he wouldn't have even made my top five list from the start and if I were able to chose from all options presented he probably still wouldn't make it. However, it's very realistic that he is our next coach if Scott Frost declines the job. The pecking order goes Frost, Taggart, Norvell and there's a strong chance we could end up with Norvell in the end. Those are the realistic options, not the options that I want personally. 

Let's agree to disagree because we're clearly on two different sides of the spectrum here. 

Just now, Remixxxxxxx said:

You have absolutely zero factual evidence besides what you think that suggests Taggart is not an option. So to parade around here like you're information is the end all be all is ridiculous. 

You have zero factual evidence that they wouldn't hire Freeze, so you're being a hypocrite by getting irritated over this. We can both use common sense and recognize that neither are happening. Name the last elite CFB program to hire a HC with a losing record after 5+ years as a CFB HC.

You don't want him - I get that, hell he wouldn't have even made my top five list from the start and if I were able to chose from all options presented he probably still wouldn't make it. However, it's very realistic that he is our next coach if Scott Frost declines the job. The pecking order goes Frost, Taggart, Norvell and there's a strong chance we could end up with Norvell in the end. Those are the realistic options, not the options that I want personally. 

It's not realistic. You're not selling a loser to this fan-base. It's not going to happen. But since you apparently need to have factual evidence before speculating around here, feel free to provide me the factual evidence proving that is the pecking order. 

10 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I had a response typed up but my work computer crashed and I lost it - with that said, let's just wait to see what happens and hope that for whatever reason they don't pull a LSU and hire Shannon. 

The thought of them hiring Shannon must have convinced your CPU to try to end itself. ;)

Edited by jrry32

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

We have advantages that will keep us from ever suffering that fate.

It can happen to any program. The only resource Florida has that Nebraska hasn't/doesn't is nearby high school talent (which obviously is huge, but the point stands).

Alabama looked was in a seemingly endless death-spiral before Saban turned them around.

Edited by RedRider

5 minutes ago, RedRider said:

It can happen to any program. The only resource Florida has that Nebraska hasn't/doesn't is nearby high school talent (which obviously is huge, but the point stands).

Alabama looked was in a seemingly endless death-cycle before Saban turned them around.

That's the resource that will keep Florida relevant.

Just now, jrry32 said:

That's the resource that will keep Florida relevant.

I'm playing devil's advocate more than anything (I'm stalking your guys' thread due to all the Frost speculation and can't help but post). Schools in the same recruiting ground have gone dormant too, like Miami, so I feel no team is untouchable.. but yeah, Florida is one of the last schools I expect such to happen.

2 minutes ago, RedRider said:

I'm playing devil's advocate more than anything (I'm stalking your guys' thread due to all the Frost speculation and can't help but post). Schools in the same recruiting ground have gone dormant too, like Miami, so I feel no team is untouchable.. but yeah, Florida is one of the last schools I expect such to happen.

Miami doesn't have institutional support.