The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

At this point, even if we got Frost it'd be seen as a 'plan B'. Everything is so all-in on Kelly that anyone else would be an unbelievable let down. They almost have to cater to Kelly to get this one over the line because if they fail to do so and end up hiring someone like Charlie Strong, my god the PR disaster. 

Edited by eggybucsfan31

13 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

At this point, even if we got Frost it'd be seen as a 'plan B'. Everything is so all-in on Kelly that anyone else would be an unbelievable let down. They almost have to cater to Kelly to get this one over the line because if they fail to do so and end up hiring someone like Charlie Strong, my god the PR disaster. 

They've always had to cater to Chip. He's the best option on the market. He knows what he is.

Why doesn't Florida reschedule their game with Northern Colorado for December 2 like ULM and FSU did? UF didn't qualify for the SEC title game, UNCO didn't make it to the FCS playoffs, and so Florida is gonna probably need this game in case they want to be bowl eligible.

6 hours ago, pf9 said:

Why doesn't Florida reschedule their game with Northern Colorado for December 2 like ULM and FSU did? UF didn't qualify for the SEC title game, UNCO didn't make it to the FCS playoffs, and so Florida is gonna probably need this game in case they want to be bowl eligible.

Because unlike FSU, we don't care about being bowl eligible. We'd rather not watch another game of bad UF football.

14 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

I want to see Lemons in a Kelly offense. That kid's got some serious speed. 

More importantly, Seider 100% has to be retained and given a raise, not only for recruiting either. What he's done with the backs this year has been phenomenal. 

Malik Davis, Adarius Lemons, and Lamical Perine will leave us with a nice HB group for Kelly's offense. Lemmons needs to run with more forward lean, but he has potential. I love what Davis did this year; he was outstanding. Perine is a solid player as well.