The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

8 hours ago, GreenShore said:

For my sake as a Miami fan I hope you guys get Chip.

Makes absolutely no sense why he would agree to become the next HC yet he still wants to meet with UCLA.

Doesn’t sound like he is too thrilled about the Gaytors job. 

I hope we get Chip too, but I'm not sure why you care. Miami isn't a rival to us. Most of us prefer that y'all not suck in order to make things harder on FSU.

Can you provide evidence that he wants to meet with UCLA?

Edited by jrry32

I don’t know that he wants to meet with UCLA. I just assumed that because I’ve seen multiple tweets saying that was the case, but in all honestly I have no idea.

I care because I want Florida to hire someone who doesn’t like recruiting so Miami doesn’t have much of a fight on the recruiting trail.

And come on guys, lighten up. Just a little friendly smack talk never hurt anyone. Y’all are quality fans that I respect;)

19 minutes ago, GreenShore said:

I don’t know that he wants to meet with UCLA. I just assumed that because I’ve seen multiple tweets saying that was the case, but in all honestly I have no idea.

I care because I want Florida to hire someone who doesn’t like recruiting so Miami doesn’t have much of a fight on the recruiting trail.

And come on guys, lighten up. Just a little friendly smack talk never hurt anyone. Y’all are quality fans that I respect;)

If that's your desire, I recommend rooting against the Florida-Chip marriage. 

8 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I keep reading things from "DONE DEAL, JUST WAITING UNTIL AFTER FSU." to "He is torn between UCLA and Florida." Which, if he is torn, tells me he really does want to stay on the west-coast.

I'm starting to feel the same way, unfortunately. If he wanted to be at Florida it would've been a done deal by this time. 

The insiders who have been on this the entire time haven't budged on Kelly being our next HC. Doesn't guarantee anything as legit sources are saying he's considering UCLA, but it still inspires confidence. I'm not going to sweat it. We'll be fine no matter what. From what I am hearing, Taggart is likely Plan C. 

Edited by jrry32

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The insiders who have been on this the entire time haven't budged on Kelly being our next HC. Doesn't guarantee anything as legit sources are saying he's considering UCLA, but it still inspires confidence. I'm not going to sweat it. We'll be fine no matter what. From what I am hearing, Taggart is likely Plan C. 

B being Frost?