The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

From Mac's presser

• Injuries: TE DeAndre Goolsby practiced yesterday. “Looked pretty good. I’d say he’ll be ready to go.” … LB Kylan Johnson will be out with the same hamstring injury. … No update on WR James Robinson’s heart condition. … TE Kemore Gamble practiced end of last week and Tuesday and will be back.
  • On OC Doug Nussmeier moving to press box this week: “We’ve got guys down on the sideline that handle the direct communications, just like the first year. He’ll be able to communicate with those guys between series on the head sets, that kind of stuff. It’s him being able to see it in a sterile environment. That will help.”
  • Confirms Feleipe Franks is starting at QB, expects him to respond well: “Yeah, he should. And I think the one thing there is, it’s the reason you come to the University of Florida. To play in games like that. And it’s another opportunity for him.”
  • No update on suspensions / On level of concern for how long suspensions might drag out: “It’s no concern.”
  • On Tennessee: “They’re a hell of a football team. He’s done a great job. Obviously beat a great Georgia Tech team and showed some toughness in doing it. I’ve got a lot of respect for what they do offensively. I think they’ve picked up from the loss of that quarterback (Josh Dobbs) and haven’t really missed a beat there.”
  • On his mood: “Probably the concern for the people, the families of our players that are my responsibility. It is what it is and yet, you can’t just say it didn’t happen.”

4 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

From Mac's presser

• Injuries: TE DeAndre Goolsby practiced yesterday. “Looked pretty good. I’d say he’ll be ready to go.” … LB Kylan Johnson will be out with the same hamstring injury. … No update on WR James Robinson’s heart condition. … TE Kemore Gamble practiced end of last week and Tuesday and will be back.
  • On OC Doug Nussmeier moving to press box this week: “We’ve got guys down on the sideline that handle the direct communications, just like the first year. He’ll be able to communicate with those guys between series on the head sets, that kind of stuff. It’s him being able to see it in a sterile environment. That will help.”
  • Confirms Feleipe Franks is starting at QB, expects him to respond well: “Yeah, he should. And I think the one thing there is, it’s the reason you come to the University of Florida. To play in games like that. And it’s another opportunity for him.”
  • No update on suspensions / On level of concern for how long suspensions might drag out: “It’s no concern.”
  • On Tennessee: “They’re a hell of a football team. He’s done a great job. Obviously beat a great Georgia Tech team and showed some toughness in doing it. I’ve got a lot of respect for what they do offensively. I think they’ve picked up from the loss of that quarterback (Josh Dobbs) and haven’t really missed a beat there.”
  • On his mood: “Probably the concern for the people, the families of our players that are my responsibility. It is what it is and yet, you can’t just say it didn’t happen.”

How about we move Nussmeier to the press box permanently? And by that I mean, how about we fire him so he can become an ESPN analyst?

UF Police Department spokesman Maj. Brad Barber wrote in an email Thursday morning that the investigation into credit card fraud “is still active and on-going” and that there was a delay in the investigation due to the department’s operations during Hurricane Irma. There is no timetable for when the investigation will be completed, he said.

Looking more like these guys won't be back this year or ever again. 

“Antonio Callaway, Jordan Smith, and one other player are likely to be arrested on charges of felony grand theft, with the possibility of further misdemeanour charges being tagged on, according to a lawyer representing one of the players,” the report stated. “It’s anticipated that the other six players will also be arrested, but only three players have hired legal counsel thus far.”

1 minute ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Yep, Franks is looking to be on his way to being the next Florida QB to transfer and find success elsewhere. 

Unless we bring in a new staff, that looks likely. It's shocking to me that they aren't interested in tailoring the offense to his strengths.

14 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Gives me your top 5 to replace Mac next year 

1. Bob Stoops (If he wants back in coaching, he's the no-brainier candidate.)

2. Chip Kelly (Again, if he wants in, I think you can't say no.)

3. Justin Fuente (Unlikely he leaves, but I think he's the next big star out there. Already doing good things at VT.)

4. Les Miles (Would have no problem with him as a stopgap for 4-5 years.)

5. Scott Frost (If we decide to go with a young up-and-comer, I think he'd be the favorite. I wouldn't go for another inexperienced guy though.)

If Taggart was still at USF, he'd be up there. Would have been a great fit. 

4 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Gives me your top 5 to replace Mac next year 

I want to see how Jeff Brohm and P.J. Fleck do this year, so I'll put them down as darkhorse candidates for now. I'm not going to do it in order, but the guys who would be interesting names for me are:

1. Chip Kelly

2. Justin Fuente

3. Les Miles

4. Bob Stoops

5. Scott Frost

6. Todd Bowles

7. Sean Payton

8. Chad Morris

9. Dan Mullen

10. Mike MacIntyre

Darkhorse Candidates:

1. P.J. Fleck

2. Jeff Brohm

3. Bill Clark

4. Charlie Strong

I'm obviously assuming that Chris Petersen is not possible.