The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'll be all sorts of upset if Mullen is the hire. 

If Florida hires Strong, Georgia has a competitor for the East for the next 3-4 years

If Florida hires Mullen, South Carolina has a competitor for the Outback and Belk Bowl for the next 3-4 years.

3 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

If Florida hires Strong, Georgia has a competitor for the East for the next 3-4 years

If Florida hires Mullen, South Carolina has a competitor for the Outback and Belk Bowl for the next 3-4 years.

I don't want either. I get we won't get Frost. Coming home is compelling. But I want Taggart then. 

3 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I think a lot of people look past the fact that Mullen has done all this at Mississippi State. He turned Mississippi State into a competitive team year in and year out. 

He's not my favorite option but I'll give him a chance (if it's true) to see what he can build here. If he can do all that at MSU I think he'll find some success here. 

Mississippi State isnt Vanderbilt. They had a good amount of success before the Mullen era. Dont let the disaster that is Sylvester Croom, and the last couple years of Jackie Sherrel's career convince you otherwise.

1991(7-5)
1992(7-5)-finished ranked #23
1993(3-6-2)
1994(8-4)-finished ranked #24
1995(3-8)
1996(5-6)
1997(7-4)
1998(8-5)
1999(10-2)-finished ranked #13
2000(8-4)-finished ranked #24
2001(3-8)

Doesnt that look a lot like Dan Mullen's career at Mississippi State?

Jackie Sherrell started at Mississippi State in 1991, last year was 2003.

Mullen isnt doing something record breaking in Starkville. He's overrated as hell.......but Im a Georgia fan.......please hire him.

20 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Charlie Strong failed miserably at Texas - whether or not it was all his fault is debatable but he needs to string together a few good seasons at USF before a big program should consider him. 

Don't agree with this take. Charlie Strong has proven he can navigate the Florida landscape, and recruit south Florida and win. I think he'd step in and make UF competitive right away, Texas was just never a good fit.

I hope UF agrees with you and goes with Mullen.