The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

Just now, eggybucsfan31 said:

Trevon Grimes transferring to Florida. 

That's a really nice addition. From what I heard, Emory Jones was recruiting him to join us.

1 hour ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Couple of names to keep an eye for a transfer spot at quarterback.

Kyle Allen, Houston
Brandon Dawkins, Arizona
Jalan McClendon, North Carolina State
Joe Burrows, Ohio State
Tommy Stevens, Penn State
KJ Carta Samuels, Washington
Demry Croft, Minnesota
Jacob Park, Iowa State
Alex Malzone, Michigan
Garrett Smith, Louisiana-Monroe
Jordan Ta'amu, Mississippi

I doubt most of these guys happen because they don't fit what we need. McClendon, Dawkins, and Stevens definitely do, though. There might be a couple others whom I am not familiar with that do as well.

Wouldn't mind bringing Dawkins in. 

As for Grimes, that definitely changes things at WR going forward. We could probably afford to miss on a WR or two this class with Jefferson for now and with Grimes for the future and potentially use those spots on a DL or LB. 

Edited by eggybucsfan31
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I doubt most of these guys happen because they don't fit what we need. McClendon, Dawkins, and Stevens definitely do, though. There might be a couple others whom I am not familiar with that do as well.

Ta'amu, Smith, Burrows and Croft would all fit as well. 

Trevon Grimes is a huge snag for us, too. 

5 hours ago, zelbell said:

Be good to Trevon Grimes you guys

hopefully his family situation improves

I like Grimes. He’s not one of those malcontent/noisy transfer situations. Seemed to have a legitimate family issue back in Florida and needs to be closer to home. 

Wish him the best with the Gators. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to get y'all too optimistic in case of a let down, but some of our new commits are really going HAM recruiting for UF. Emory Jones is putting the full-court press on a number of guys, including WR Jalen Preston and WR Jacob Copeland. Trey Dean is also out recruiting for us and has reportedly convinced LB Quay Walker to visit UF.

Walker has always been high on the Gators, but lost some interest in the program after former defensive coordinator Geoff Collins took the Temple job.

“Florida is a school that I’ve been liking,” Walker said. “They offered me back when Coach Collins was there. Florida is my dream school. No one knows that.”

“As soon as Coach Mullen got the job, he hit me up,” Walker said. “That’s going to play a big role in it. I pretty much didn’t like the defense Florida was in before the 3-4. So that’s why I wasn’t considering Florida.”

Quay Walker - current Bama commit and potential UF flip. 

Edited by Remixxxxxxx

Greg Knox likely coming on as TE coach/ST coordinator. So that makes the staff as of now:

co-OC/WR - Gonzales

co-OC/OL - Hevesy

DC/LB? - Grantham

QB - Johnson

RB - Seider

TE/ST - Knox

DL - Sunseri?

DB - Warren

Skipper is still on staff, but I thought I read somewhere that Grantham will coach LB's. Also heard that the 10th coach may be another DB coach. 

3 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Quay Walker - current Bama commit and potential UF flip. 

Jones and Dean are reportedly working him hard. Right now, he's likely going to visit on January 12th, but that could change. Mullen is reportedly putting together a nice group for the last weekend before NSD, so we'll see if he can convince Walker to show up then. Either ways, we have a realistic shot at the kid. Bama reportedly hasn't been in contact with him in the past month, and he reportedly wants a shot at early PT.

43 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Knox and Sunseri confirmed. We're also getting a run on CB's for WR Justin Watkins, who would be lethal in Mullen's offense.

Also seeing EK Franks will be the asst. director of recruiting. Still two open spots - any ideas, eggy?

We land Watkins and Copeland what a close by the staff this will be during a supposed transition class. 

Edited by Remixxxxxxx