The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Chauncey is hella talented and does some things very well, but the kid can't tackle. You'd think the defensive coaches would pull him aside at practice and make him practice form tackling until he learns.

He did a lot of things well last year - this year, not so much. He's arguably been our worst defensive player this year and his continued mistakes are eventually going to catch up to us. 

It's hard to replace him because Washington probably needs to be replaced first and I don't know about switching out both safeties, but if this level of play continues he's going to have to be benched, IMO. 

9 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

He did a lot of things well last year - this year, not so much. He's arguably been our worst defensive player this year and his continued mistakes are eventually going to catch up to us. 

It's hard to replace him because Washington probably needs to be replaced first and I don't know about switching out both safeties, but if this level of play continues he's going to have to be benched, IMO. 

The kid can still cover and flies to the ball. He just can't tackle.

However, now, after originally announcing via Twitter a couple of months ago that he was solidly committed to Florida, planned to enroll early and would NOT be taking any other visits, Rivals analyst Adam Gorney is reporting that Corral has a visit to LSU set upand a source says that things might get 'interesting' with him.

https://florida.rivals.com/news/rivals100-quarterback-commit-corral-will-take-a-visit-to-lsu

Stacked visit list for tomorrow. 

Corral, Pierce, Copeland, Chase, Burney, Russell, J. Williams, Lang, Upshaw, Wilson and D. Williams are the UF commits in attendance. 

Hall, Surtain, Campbell, Barnes, Gouraige, Chaftield and Montilus are among the 2018 targets attending. 

The 2019 visitors are also stacked both commits and targets alike. 

5 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Tbf, nobody outside of that report has said anything about him visiting LSU. 

I'm just saying that choosing between us and LSU as a QB strikes me as a pretty dumb move. If he were to rescind his commitment to us to go play for a guy like Chris Petersen or Mike Gundy or Jim Harbaugh or Urban Meyer, I think that would be justifiable. But he really wants to choose between Jim McElwain's offensive incompetence and Ed Orgeron's offensive incompetence?