The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

Great win today, but something of note is just how many come from behind wins this team has had to get this year. LSU, Vandy, South Carolina. that's not sustainable, and you gotta hope that the team will be far more dominant in the coming years, once Mullen gets his recruits in there.

2 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

Great win today, but something of note is just how many come from behind wins this team has had to get this year. LSU, Vandy, South Carolina. that's not sustainable, and you gotta hope that the team will be far more dominant in the coming years, once Mullen gets his recruits in there.

I think it's a very different team with Emory. Franks is an anchor. Obviously, the defense has been problematic of late too. That needs to change. My biggest fear next year is with our edge rushers if we lose Cece, Polite, and Zuniga (we're losing two of the three at minimum). But I think the rest of the team should improve quite a bit. I know we're losing some OLs, but I think with Hevesy and Savage, we'll be okay there. So yeah, I look forward to Emory. Having a bigger running threat at QB changes this offense. And if he can actually complete passes 10+ yards past the LOS, that's icing on the cake.

The more I see of Emory Jones, the more I think we have a very bright future. He looked much better as a thrower than I expected today. I will be surprised if Feleipe is starting next year, and if I were in charge, I'd start Emory for the bowl game (you have a month to prepare him).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The more I see of Emory Jones, the more I think we have a very bright future. He looked much better as a thrower than I expected today. I will be surprised if Feleipe is starting next year, and if I were in charge, I'd start Emory for the bowl game (you have a month to prepare him).

Agreed 100%. Emory fits the offense so much better. The read option and play action are just so much more deceptive with a QB who is a huge threat to run

• Like 1