The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

42 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Steele won't announce for awhile, but he's expected to sign early. My guess is Steele, Zip, Summerall, and Dorlus go our way soon. Elam is also said to be leaning our way after Tucker bounced. We're also going after a bunch of big names who are less likely.

I think all that you mentioned are locks  and you'r right, we should see them commit relatively soon. 

10 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

How are you feeling about him now? Wondering if you've heard anything different from a few days ago. 

Same as before. We have a chance, but Bama is the likely pick. I'll let y'all know if I hear anything different.

7 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Seems like a Dorlus commit is incoming. 

Also seems like Elam is all UF - big get if true. 

I think that might be overstating it. It was closer to 50/50 before Tucker left, but that really hurt them. Apparently, Kirby lied to Kair and Abram about Tucker's likelihood of staying. Locksley leaving is also going to hurt Bama with Trey Sanders, but it's still an uphill battle.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

2. Derick Hunter is trending in UF's direction. But that might hurt us with Quashon Fuller.(they don't like each other)

I think this has been going for quite some time - almost a 0% chance his commitment to FSU sticks and seems like Miami may be the only other threat. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

1. Pickering is leaning away from MSU and towards UF or Bama.

Would be a huge flip and nice surprise but I don't think he's coming to UF. 

9 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Would be a huge flip and nice surprise but I don't think he's coming to UF. 

What I'm hearing is that his GF and coach prefer Bama, while his parents prefer UF. He has a visit to Bama either this weekend or next. That could swing it their way.

EDIT: And I almost hate to post this because I don't want to get anyone too excited, but there's a lot of smoke that momma is going to get more involved in Trey Sanders' recruitment as we near his decision. That would be good for us. Momma is very pro-UF.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1