The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Still have a really hard time buying these Sanders to UF rumors but I would gladly be wrong in the scenario. 

Hopper being locked in is huge and all the news about Elam trending towards the good guys is also huge. 

I don't want anyone to get too excited and then get angry with me if things don't pan out, but I think Sanders is a lot more attainable than most believe. The most reputable insider has preached caution on Sanders (basically, we have a chance, but we're not leading). However, a couple other reputable insiders feel that we might be leading right now and that having the last visit is huge. One thing I've seen said is that Trey's mom has been letting his dad run the show, but she's going to get more involved as we get closer to signing day. She's going on the visit with Trey. And she's EXTREMELY pro-UF.

And, as I said yesterday, there's smoke that it's down to us and UGA for Trey. There's also smoke that UGA is starting to recruit other HBs (keep an eye on D.J. Williams) because they think we're going to land Trey. Again, I wouldn't get too excited, but I think it's more realistic than many believe.

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't want anyone to get too excited and then get angry with me if things don't pan out, but I think Sanders is a lot more attainable than most believe.

I think we're all reading about the same thing so I don't think anyone would get mad at you over this. 

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The most reputable insider has preached caution on Sanders (basically, we have a chance, but we're not leading).

Kind of where I'm at, expect my meter is more towards we're hanging by a thread at this point. 

Regardless of what happens with Trey it says a lot about the current staff that they were able to get both KT and Trey on campus and were in the mix w both. 

EDIT - no idea why it slashed through like that

Edited by Scalamania
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I think we're all reading about the same thing so I don't think anyone would get mad at you over this. 

Kind of where I'm at, expect my meter is more towards we're hanging by a thread at this point. 

Regardless of what happens with Trey it says a lot about the current staff that they were able to get both KT and Trey on campus and were in the mix w both. 

EDIT - no idea why it slashed through like that

Just got an update from the most reputable insider. He's not going as far as the others, but he too is hearing positive things.

3 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

We're getting the final visit for 4* DT Siaki Ika out of UT. This one kinda came out of nowhere. 

We've been on him for awhile, but he hasn't been very receptive. As of now, it's just a free visit, but he's willing to hear us out. Most likely LSU bound.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:40 PM, jrry32 said:

I don't want anyone to get too excited and then get angry with me if things don't pan out, but I think Sanders is a lot more attainable than most believe. The most reputable insider has preached caution on Sanders (basically, we have a chance, but we're not leading). However, a couple other reputable insiders feel that we might be leading right now and that having the last visit is huge. One thing I've seen said is that Trey's mom has been letting his dad run the show, but she's going to get more involved as we get closer to signing day. She's going on the visit with Trey. And she's EXTREMELY pro-UF.

And, as I said yesterday, there's smoke that it's down to us and UGA for Trey. There's also smoke that UGA is starting to recruit other HBs (keep an eye on D.J. Williams) because they think we're going to land Trey. Again, I wouldn't get too excited, but I think it's more realistic than many believe.

I thought it was us and Bama for Trey?

14 minutes ago, The Orca said:

I thought it was us and Bama for Trey?

Yeah, nobody knows lol. Each of the top four thinks they have a shot. The UF insiders I trust still believe it's us or Bama, but UGA insiders believe it's them. Same is true for some Texas people.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Update on this weekend: Evan Neal is no longer visiting (seems likely to sign with Bama). Cordale Flott will be visiting (didn't make it last week). Nothing has changed with Trey Sanders. He's still coming.

Evan Neal not coming signals Sanders isn't going to sign here.