The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

Just now, jrry32 said:

We're not getting in with a win over Bama. We're not beating Bama, so it doesn't matter. Todd Grantham is a bum. And Mullen was stupidly arrogant to sit Kyle Pitts. This should have been an easy win.

Yes if Florida took LSU seriously they should’ve won easily. Sitting Pitts was definitely a sign Florida took LSU for a joke. For nothing Florida should’ve focused because LSU beat them last year by 2 tds. So they should’ve used that as motivation alone. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Yes if Florida took LSU seriously they should’ve won easily. Sitting Pitts was definitely a sign Florida took LSU for a joke. For nothing Florida should’ve focused because LSU beat them last year by 2 tds. So they should’ve used that as motivation alone. 

They should have beat the brakes off of them because this was literally the most important recruiting day of the year. Mullen is an arrogant fool who continues to employ bum arse assistants. If he doesn't start prioritizing winning over loyalty, he's going to be gone.

• Like 1

Mullen is the most arrogant *** who's never won a damn thing. From keeping Grantham when even an ant can see his scheme isn't working, to benching Pitts for literally no reason other than "lmao LSU sucks, we'll save him for Bama" to, to forcing the run game despite everyone knowing it ain't working to keeping Marco Wilson on the field all year despite him being a complete sieve the past two seasons. 

I blame Marco's penalty 50% on Mullen. He's kept his bum *** out there all season, he was due for it to bite him. 

Edited by eggybucsfan31
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Mullen is the most arrogant *** who's never won a damn thing. From keeping Grantham when even an ant can see his scheme isn't working, to benching Pitts for literally no reason other than "lmao LSU sucks, we'll save him for Bama" to, to forcing the run game despite everyone knowing it ain't working to keeping Marco Wilson on the field all year despite him being a complete sieve the past two seasons. 

I blame Marco's penalty 50% on Mullen. He's kept his bum *** out there all season, he was due for it to bite him. 

I was demanding we bench Marco Wilson for much of the game. After he fell down out of bounds instead of making any effort to cover his guy, I was literally screaming for them to bench them. Had they benched his bum arse, we win that game. SOSAG is a garbage arse DC who is hindering our recruiting efforts by playing bums over talented young players. One of our top recruits in for the game wrote on Twitter that he doesn't believe he'll play early because we won't play Princely. And he's effing right. Princely is better than a lot of the bums we run out there, but SOSAG refuses to play him and a bunch of other talented young guys. That fat sack of crap better be fired. I'm not watching next year if he's the DC.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I was demanding we bench Marco Wilson for much of the game. After he fell down out of bounds instead of making any effort to cover his guy, I was literally screaming for them to bench them. Had they benched his bum arse, we win that game. SOSAG is a garbage arse DC who is hindering our recruiting efforts by playing bums over talented young players. One of our top recruits in for the game wrote on Twitter that he doesn't believe he'll play early because we won't play Princely. And he's effing right. Princely is better than a lot of the bums we run out there, but SOSAG refuses to play him and a bunch of other talented young guys. That fat sack of crap better be fired. I'm not watching next year if he's the DC.

It's not just a Grantham problem IMO, it's a Mullen thing. He values seniority way too much. DeLance continuously playing RT despite being a turnstile wearing a jersey (and Braun easily being the better blocker) and Franks playing all the time while Trask was apparently balling in practice show that it's not just a defensive thing. 

Defensively it's just awful. Guys like Marco, Stiner, Stewart, Burney, Lang etc. screw up constantly all season but none of them ever see the bench for a freshman because they've been here for 3-4 years. If I'm going to watch guys bust coverage and whiff on tackles, I'd much rather see it be an underclassman who at least might learn something from it. What message does it send to, say, Tyron Hopper, if he can watch Burney make error after error but never see the field because reasons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

It's not just a Grantham problem IMO, it's a Mullen thing. He values seniority way too much. DeLance continuously playing RT despite being a turnstile wearing a jersey (and Braun easily being the better blocker) and Franks playing all the time while Trask was apparently balling in practice show that it's not just a defensive thing. 

Defensively it's just awful. Guys like Marco, Stiner, Stewart, Burney, Lang etc. screw up constantly all season but none of them ever see the bench for a freshman because they've been here for 3-4 years. If I'm going to watch guys bust coverage and whiff on tackles, I'd much rather see it be an underclassman who at least might learn something from it. What message does it send to, say, Tyron Hopper, if he can watch Burney make error after error but never see the field because reasons. 

Burney, Houston, Stiner, Stewart, and Wilson should be riding the bench. Hopper should be starting next to Miller. Hill should be starting over Wilson. Princely should be playing over Lang. Davis and Johnson should be starting at safety (even if Davis is a freelancer). But at the end of the day, SOSAG's garbage scheme, inability to get the defense lined up and the play in on time, and terrible play calling are neutering us. And yes, Mullen is part of the problem. Reese should be sitting for Braun. They finally benched Delance this week with White playing LG, Gouraige at LT, and Forsythe at RT. Forsythe was an easy upgrade. Reese missed block after block.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Burney, Houston, Stiner, Stewart, and Wilson should be riding the bench. Hopper should be starting next to Miller. Hill should be starting over Wilson. Princely should be playing over Lang. Davis and Johnson should be starting at safety (even if Davis is a freelancer). But at the end of the day, SOSAG's garbage scheme, inability to get the defense lined up and the play in on time, and terrible play calling are neutering us. And yes, Mullen is part of the problem. Reese should be sitting for Braun. They finally benched Delance this week with White playing LG, Gouraige at LT, and Forsythe at RT. Forsythe was an easy upgrade. Reese missed block after block.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we see a handful of transfers this offseason. Princely, for one, I can easily see. He's been passive aggressive on social media all season a few of the other younger players have been as well. They're obviously fed up at watching the upperclassmen play like garbage but get no repercussions for it. 

As for Grantham, if he's not fired, Mullen is going to start to lose some/most of the fanbase IMO (much like how Mac did with Nuss). For his own sake, he needs to cut the cord. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we see a handful of transfers this offseason. Princely, for one, I can easily see. He's been passive aggressive on social media all season a few of the other younger players have been as well. They're obviously fed up at watching the upperclassmen play like garbage but get no repercussions for it. 

As for Grantham, if he's not fired, Mullen is going to start to lose some/most of the fanbase IMO (much like how Mac did with Nuss). For his own sake, he needs to cut the cord. 

Mullen needs to fire fat boy and then beg those guys to stay. Convince them they'll get a chance. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose multiple of Princely, Wingo, Hopper, and Hill. These are the sort of guys we should be building our defense around. If Mullen keeps SOSAG, I'm out. He's lost me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

If he don’t fire Grantham after this, Mullen can go too idgaf. 

100% if we had a half decent DC that would take trash players off the field, we would half zero maybe 1 lost going into this game for sure

We have the best offense we have had since tebow and yet we arent in the playoffs right now

• Like 1