Jump to content

The Florida Gators thread


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

AR is QB1 when the hammy is healthy. Mullen better not botch this any worse.

Now I don't blame Mullen for still naming Emory the QB this week since we don't know if AR15 will be 100% for the Bama game

That being said every single time AR was in he offense felt fresh and motivated, didn't not feel that with Emory in the game.

I want to see AR walk out on our first possession next game cause he is a special QB and should be starting the rest of the season, Emory has all the damn talent in the world but man does he make bad decisions and just sticks with one read each time and doesn't even look elsewhere. He needs to work on that then he will be a much better QB.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

Now I don't blame Mullen for still naming Emory the QB this week since we don't know if AR15 will be 100% for the Bama game

That being said every single time AR was in he offense felt fresh and motivated, didn't not feel that with Emory in the game.

I want to see AR walk out on our first possession next game cause he is a special QB and should be starting the rest of the season, Emory has all the damn talent in the world but man does he make bad decisions and just sticks with one read each time and doesn't even look elsewhere. He needs to work on that then he will be a much better QB.

 

Emory is too much like Feleipe. Mentally, he doesn't have it. The game moves too fast for him, and he doesn't see the field well. AR just looks superior in every way. He's a better runner. He's a better thrower. And he looks more comfortable reading the defense.

AR is the sort of guy who elevates the talent around him. He looks like Cam Newton out there. That throw to Copeland (the one that wasn't a TD) was absolutely insane. And nobody doubts the running ability.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing about AR is we have no idea if he can run the full offense, and that is a misfire on Mullen's part by continuously forcing Emory out there the majority of the 2nd half. 

We needed to see him make a few intermediate throws and manage a full drive, but instead we get a bunch of handoffs and Emory being late on a handful of throws. Makes no sense, his loyalty/stubborness is so infuriating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

The only thing about AR is we have no idea if he can run the full offense, and that is a misfire on Mullen's part by continuously forcing Emory out there the majority of the 2nd half. 

We needed to see him make a few intermediate throws and manage a full drive, but instead we get a bunch of handoffs and Emory being late on a handful of throws. Makes no sense, his loyalty/stubborness is so infuriating. 

I can deal with the growing pains. It's clear that Emory can't run the offense effectively. Worst case scenario is that AR, like Emory, proves to be a limited passer. But he's a far superior runner, so we come out ahead. But I don't think AR is a limited passer. I think he has growing to do. There will be growing pains due to his youth. Given time, though, I think he'll be special. And yes, I agree that Mullen messed up by not giving AR more opportunities to throw the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

“An easy [example]. … He drops back. He misses a protection check. Then misses the hot throw. Then misses the primary read. And then scrambles around and runs, and everyone thinks, ‘What a spectacular play.,'” said Mullen before shrugging.

Mullen is pointing out that what might appear to be an outstanding effort to those externally may instead simply be a player lucking out by freestyling after making mistakes, as Richardson did in this example.

Such successful playmaking shows unique talent and notable athleticism that led to a tremendous outcome in the vacuum of that one play. However, Richardson’s inability to go through the necessary process to complete the play as planned is not something that Mullen believes would be sustainable over an entire game.

 

https://www.onlygators.com/09/13/2021/florida-coach-dan-mullen-finally-clarifies-why-qb-anthony-richardson-may-not-be-ready-for-starting-job/?fbclid=IwAR0yctsGQm3BW1XGI6BZSr5MI2EyHFpFdj68IRZ2fcwN6Ng5IiBZBcPQwSA

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Elite talents have more margin for error when they make mistakes. Best way for Richardson to make less mistakes is to play him and let him develop. I'd rather have him out there freestyling after making an error than have Emory out there making an error and throwing a pick.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Elite talents have more margin for error when they make mistakes. Best way for Richardson to make less mistakes is to play him and let him develop. I'd rather have him out there freestyling after making an error than have Emory out there making an error and throwing a pick.

I agree 100%

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

So because if he misses a read and decides to take off with his feet and make a good play it is considered a bad thing?

Dude is a freshman of course he is gonna miss a read but I see him with more total touchdowns in less playing time than Emory and yet we are supposed to believe that Emory is better.

Mullen is gonna ride with Emory all season and that's gonna cost him his job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

So because if he misses a read and decides to take off with his feet and make a good play it is considered a bad thing?

Dude is a freshman of course he is gonna miss a read but I see him with more total touchdowns in less playing time than Emory and yet we are supposed to believe that Emory is better.

Mullen is gonna ride with Emory all season and that's gonna cost him his job.

While I agree with the majority of this post - Dan Mullen isn't going anywhere nor is he going to be fired. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Missed XP bit us in the *** hard but the team played well. It’s hard to happy about a loss but I thought they settled in nicely and there’s a lot of to be happy about. Went to the wire with the unanimous #1 team in the country. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Great effort. But a loss is a loss. Mullen needs to start Richardson. I respect Emory's gutsy play, but the offense is too limited due to his flaws.

I think this loss probably solidifies AR as QB1. Emory gave it hell today but he’s a liability when it comes to decision making and throwing the ball. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scalamania said:

I think this loss probably solidifies AR as QB1. Emory gave it hell today but he’s a liability when it comes to decision making and throwing the ball. 

You have more faith in Mullen than I do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...