The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Mullen would probably do well in the Pac-12. He's a lazy and fairly ineffective recruiter. He's too loyal to underperforming assistants. And he doesn't take lesser teams seriously enough (by extension, neither does his team). But he's also a brilliant offensive mind who can outscheme more talented squads. His problems probably wouldn't be as big of a deal in a lesser conference. For example, I think he'd be the perfect coach for Miami. But they're very frustrating here.

It’s funny you say Miami because I think he’s be the perfect coach at Virginia Tech. I think the ACC is the perfect spot for him. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

It’s funny you say Miami because I think he’s be the perfect coach at Virginia Tech. I think the ACC is the perfect spot for him. 

I feel like that dude could run circles around the ACC relying on the South Florida talent that the big dogs don't scoop up. Miami, in my mind, is the perfect spot for him. Easy to land plenty of athletes, easy conference, and the fans are much happier with a coach who can consistently win but isn't Saban.

Edited by jrry32

6 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am really struggling to find reasons to keep Mullen.

He's a cool dude, remember when him and his wife gave half of the team covid, fun times.

But honestly he's got to go, but knowing us we not gonna let him go after this season and we gonna finish outside of the top 35 next year for recruiting.

14 hours ago, djw4bucs said:

He's a cool dude, remember when him and his wife gave half of the team covid, fun times.

But honestly he's got to go, but knowing us we not gonna let him go after this season and we gonna finish outside of the top 35 next year for recruiting.

I don't think he'll go this year, unfortunately - but I do think the end is very near, unless some miracle happens on the recruiting trail and he hires a competent DC. Neither of those things seem realistic though. 

6 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

This is dreadful, just call it here 

AR isn’t Ready for the big games and Emory isn’t as well

Mullen isn’t gonna bring this team to anything better that 8-4

Neither of them are good. AR continues to make really bad decisions. Hard to watch. 

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Neither of them are good. AR continues to make really bad decisions. Hard to watch. 

Yeah i agree, and I’ve been a BIG AR supporter, both picks were in good coverage and on the two QB play he threw it into double coverage again.

I wonder if that Kitna Kid will be any good 

5 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

Yeah i agree, and I’ve been a BIG AR supporter, both picks were in good coverage and on the two QB play he threw it into double coverage again.

I wonder if that Kitna Kid will be any good 

It’s just sad. 20+ years of watching this team and it’s been nothing but disappointments aside for a few years. I look at what UGA has done and continues to do and think that’s what we should be doing - but we’ve been stuck with ****ty coaches in Chump, Crapelwain and Mullen. 

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

It’s just sad. 20+ years of watching this team and it’s been nothing but disappointments aside for a few years. I look at what UGA has done and continues to do and think that’s what we should be doing - but we’ve been stuck with ****ty coaches in Chump, Crapelwain and Mullen. 

Yeah I live georgia and I am surrounded by UGA which sucks since they are looking like a future dynasty. Just gimme a good recruiter cause we haven’t had that since Urban 

11 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

I doubt Stricklin has the balls to fire his buddy after the year, so he'll stick around, but we're watching the end of the Mullen era in real time. 

Yeah, he won’t be fired after this year but we’ll be looking for a new coach shortly.