The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

dan-mullen-mean-tweets.png?w=640

2018 Florida Football Schedule

• September 1 – Charleston Southern (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • September 8 – Kentucky (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • September 15 – Colorado State (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • September 22 – at Tennessee (Knoxville, Tenn.)
  • September 29 – at Mississippi State (Starkville, Miss.)
  • October 6 - LSU (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • October 13 -  at Vanderbilt (Nashville, Tenn.)
  • October 20 - Bye    
  • October 27 - vs. Georgia (Jacksonville, Fla.)
  • November 3 -  Missouri (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • November 10 - South Carolina (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • November 17 - Idaho (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • November 24 - at Florida State (Tallahassee, Fla.)
  • December 1 - SEC Championship (Atlanta, Ga.)
Edited by Remixxxxxxx

Jalon Jones // DTQB // **** // POS #10
Dionte Marks // WR // ** // POS #92
Wardrick Wilson // OT // *** // POS #35
Ethan White // OT // *** // POS #46
Tyron Hopper // LB // **** // POS #22
Jammal Abrams // LB // *** / POS #23
Trent Whittemore // S // *** // POS #47
Ja’Markis Weston // ATH // *** // POS #46

Edited by Remixxxxxxx

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida's secondary situation in 2017 just got a whole lot shakier.

The Gators announced Thursday afternoon that senior safety Marcell Harris, who represented the team at SEC Media Days last week, will miss the entire season with a torn Achilles in his right foot. He suffered the injury in a team running session on Wednesday.

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Marcell-Harris-to-miss-2017-with-torn-Achilles-104020664

ESPN 300 quarterback Matt Corral committed to Florida on Saturday after visiting for the school's annual recruiting event, Friday Night Lights.

Corral is the No. 87-ranked prospect overall and gives the Gators six ESPN 300 commitments in the 2018 class. The commitment also gives the coaching staff another option at quarterback in the future to go with 2016 ESPN 300 signee Feleipe Franks.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20134201/florida-gators-receive-commitment-espn-300-qb-matt-corral

Metairie (La.) Archbishop Rummel four-star wide receiver JaMarr Chase committed to Florida on Sunday evening. The 6-foot-1, 195-pound prospect visited the Gators on Friday and ended up picking UF over TCU and LSU. 

Earlier in the month, Chase was set to announce his commitment to TCU until scheduling snafu with the NFL Network caused his segment to be cancelled at the last minute. The delay was enough for the Gators to become a factor in the Top247 prospect's recruitment and land his pledge. 

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/WR-JaMarr-Chase-commits-to-the-Florida-Gators-105399152

On freshman WR James Robinson’s status: “We’re still waiting on some things to clear up on James Robinson. I’ll let you know when that happens and we’ll move on from there.”

On WR Antonio Callaway, indiretly, as to whether anyone will miss first game: “Right now everybody’s doing a great job. I don’t anticipate it. But there’s still some requirements on everybody. … As of right now, all hands on deck.”

On Feleipe Franks’ attitude: “If you’re a true competitor … I think he’s a guy in his makeup that this is another challenge that’s going to help him elevate his play, and also another guy that’s been in the arena that can help him. … I believe that he’s a guy that’s ready to go do this.”

On QB Malik Zaire: “He’s obviously on a mission and he’s here to help us win a bunch of games. I think the one really good thing it brings, it brings great competition to the position. Somewhere along the line at SEC Media Days I must have said I know who the starting quarterback was … I don’t know if I said that, but I guess if I did you had the scoop.”

Some snips from Mac's media day presser

Callaway, Telfort, Desir-Jones, K. Davis, V. Miller, J. Smith and Houston suspended for the Michigan game. 

Only Callaway is a loss, but we've got the depth this year so it's not that big of a deal. Cleveland, Powell, Hammond and Swain are more than good enough to keep Michigan's CB on their toes.