Week 17 GDT - Broncos VS Raiders!

Dbrog24

Well boys... Here we go again. It's that time of year where we reflect on our team which was "improved" over the previous year. Still... It's the end of the year. What am I grateful for? I do enjoy the entertainment Twitter drama with our generational talent, radio drama with a different actual generional talent, a discussion of an unsigned rookie possibly being better than our QBOFT, and who could forget the real gift of the year in the most 2020 way, Bollesy! 

OH ya so I guess the point of this is the Raiders. I can honestly say I truly hate the fanbase in Oakland... Errr I guess Vegas? Idk does Wayne Brady watch football? Is he related to Tom Brady? Either way I still hate the relation. You know what I hate more though? That we need to lose to them to again have a greater sense of hope for next season.... Idk kinda feels like going to the dark side. Anyway, happy new year ya filthy animals! 

harrison ford GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Edited by Dbrog24
  • Like 2

4 things to look for: 

1.  Pass game and overall O success - no way around it; the Raiders D is an abomination.    It’s the main reason they won’t sniff the playoffs this year and the biggest weakness in Gruden’s tenure in Raiderland.   This is a game that we should find success against - it’s baffling we made them look like a good D last time.   Lock, Jeudy & the other WR’s, Fant, the run game - all should thrive.   Jeudy won’t erase the whispers with one game - but it wouldn’t hurt to end 2020 on an up note after last week.   

2.  Does our secondary show up - I get it’s a mismatch with our current personnel each week.   But that’s also the life of a DB.   It’s not realistic to expect a 180 - but it would be nice to see them bounce back.    How we defend Waller will be interesting to watch with Parks back.  

3.  The front 7 fill-ins - Chubb still iffy and now Shelby Harris out.   That looks like a mismatch with the Raiders run game.    I think this is where we see how much Harris inside push and ability to anchor the DL affects us.   

4.  Ball hawking - if the D goes without a TO, we’ll set a franchise record for lowest ever TO total (12).   IMO I think this will drive Fangio to look for his Roquan Smith / Devin White level MIKE impact player.   

I have no doubt we try all out as always - but rationally it seems like a 27-24 type L is most likely or worse - esp if we don’t win the TO battle.      It would be disappointing if we couldn’t score vs.  this D.   I can’t bag on the D as short handed as they are.   

Edited by Broncofan

I’d love to see me some Muti this game!  And I’d love to see them target Jeudy 15 times and give him a chance at redemption.
I think our D gets demolished this week.  Harris out, IMO they’d be insane to play Chubb.  That’s your entire starting front 5 out.  Couple that with our current CB situation, against the Raiders O - ouch.  If Fangio keeps them under 28 points, he truly is a miracle worker on D.  And let’s face it, the chance of this Broncos offense throwing up more than 28 points, even against this horrible Raiders D, is nil. 
Not sure what a win vs loss will end up costing us in picks, but the difference between 7 and 13 would be huge.  I’ll never root for a loss against the Raiders, but I certainly wouldn’t be upset....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

I’d love to see me some Muti this game!  And I’d love to see them target Jeudy 15 times and give him a chance at redemption.
I think our D gets demolished this week.  Harris out, IMO they’d be insane to play Chubb.  That’s your entire starting front 5 out.  Couple that with our current CB situation, against the Raiders O - ouch.  If Fangio keeps them under 28 points, he truly is a miracle worker on D.  And let’s face it, the chance of this Broncos offense throwing up more than 28 points, even against this horrible Raiders D, is nil. 
Not sure what a win vs loss will end up costing us in picks, but the difference between 7 and 13 would be huge.  I’ll never root for a loss against the Raiders, but I certainly wouldn’t be upset....

With nothing to play for I would be shocked if Jeudy didn’t get 12+ targets.   For the redemption angle (plus fact CB’s on LV can’t cover him barring being bracketed all game long but doubt we’ll see them do that).   His yardage prop will be one I’ll take as long as it’s not crazy high (again though don’t know why it would be).  

7 hours ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

A loss puts us in the range of picks 5-10, with the best chance of slotting in at 8, in my opinion.
A win will put us between 11-15, with 13 being most likely. 

The difference in those positions is the equivalent of a mid-2nd round pick. Would anyone here trade a mid-2nd rounder for a win on Sunday?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

As I recall the win in Week 17 last year took us from 10 to 15 but it didn’t end up mattering as I think most would have been happy with Jeudy at 10. 

True, but that was pretty lucky/circumstance. It was a deep WR draft so that pushed the elite guys (Jeudy, Lamb) down quite a bit, we just happened to be in the market and reaped the benefit. 

We're still a long way away from draft day but the difference between pick 8 or 15 would almost assuredly be the difference between a very good or an elite player. Whether that's a CB (surtain, Farley) QB (Wilson, Fields, Lance) or LB (Parsons, JOK), I think it'll be difficult to find any of those guys at 15.

Never actively rooting against a win, especially against a division foe, but wouldn't be upset in the least with an L

Alright let’s break down rooting interests across the league, according to what’s best for our draft pick:

- if we win today, we also want wins from MIN over Det, NE over Nyj, DAL over Nyg, WFT over Phi, SF over Sea, LAC over KC.

- if we lose today, we want wins from DET over Min, NYG over Dal, PHI over Wft, CAR over No, CIN over Bal.

47 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Alright let’s break down rooting interests across the league, according to what’s best for our draft pick:

- if we win today, we also want wins from MIN over Det, NE over Nyj, DAL over Nyg, WFT over Phi, SF over Sea, LAC over KC.

- if we lose today, we want wins from DET over Min, NYG over Dal, PHI over Wft, CAR over No, CIN over Bal.

WTF?