Best three year stretch for all NFL teams since the merger?

TecmoSuperJoe

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Are you sure about this?

Without much thought,  I'd probably say the '92-'94 Cowboys. 44-12 record, 3 NFCC appearances and 2 SB wins.  

I mean the 1946-1950 Browns have a better record and won the Championship/Super Bowl 5 years in a row.

They went to the NFL Championship 11 straight years and won 8 of them with Otto Graham, Marion Motley and Jim Brown.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

There is only 1 answer this this question. Its the Browns from 1946-1950. In a 5 year span:

57-6 record. 5 straight Championships

Otto Graham and Marion Motley the GOATs

That's way before the merger, though. And weren't three of those championships in another league? 

Edited by Heinz D.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean the 1946-1950 Browns have a better record and won the Championship/Super Bowl 5 years in a row.

They went to the NFL Championship 11 straight years and won 8 of them with Otto Graham, Marion Motley and Jim Brown.

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

That's pre-merger, that's 5 years not three, and most of that (4 out of 5 years) was the AAFC, not the NFL.

Neat, but ultimately entirely irrelevant to literally every parameter posed in the thread title.

14 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That's way before the merger, though. And weren't three of those championships in another league? 

4 were before and 4 were after. Thats the reason they merged with the NFL. The AAFC was always considered the little brother to the NFL, and wouldnt merge because it was considered inferior competition. They merged and the Browns went to 7 straight NFL Championships after the merger winning 4 of them. Poetic justice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

There is only 1 answer this this question. Its the Browns from 1946-1950. In a 5 year span:

57-6 record. 5 straight Championships

Otto Graham and Marion Motley the GOATs

doesn't really seem fair to use 5 years in a contest of 3 year stretches.

okay then I call the past 100 years of the Packers. Lots of championships there.

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

doesn't really seem fair to use 5 years in a contest of 3 year stretches.

okay then I call the past 100 years of the Packers. Lots of championships there.

Okay....then just chop off 2 years then. They went 38-3 with 3 straight Championships lol I used 5 to show they went above and beyond and had a insane stretch further than 3

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Super bowl era for Cleveland:

1986 - 1989

3 AFC championship game appearances during that stretch.

Stupid Elway beat us all 3 times.

So you're arguing this for Denver then?