BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

I mean if that's what it takes to bring you guys a legendary stream, that's fine. Just less likely to attract cops who think I'm a prostitute.

Should probably put away the garters and fishnets that night.

• Like 2

Anchorage Offensive Free Agency Review

RB Marlon Mack- Mack is coming off of an Achilles injury but rushed for over 1k yards the season prior and over 900 yards the season before that. I know Hines is in the mix as a third down back as well as getting his fair share of touches but Mack would likely become the bell cow (if healthy himself) if anything were to happen to Taylor. I thought that insurance was worth 1k a season over the next two seasons. 

WR Marvin Jones- I wanted to obtain a veteran presence at the position that currently boasts two rookies and four second year players at wide receiver with Tyler Boyd being the only veteran. Jones will likely be the third option in Jax but his reliability and nose for the end zone (9 TDs in three of the last 4 seasons including back to back years) made him a player I had my eye on for my corps while my young guys developed. I’m sure he won’t put up that same production but I liked the bonus irl connection with TLaw similar to what I also have with Burrow and Boyd/Chase. 

TE Tyler Higbee- After trading Fant and Knox this offseason I entered FA with two rookies at the position. While both are two rookies I am very high on I needed a veteran presence to come in and headline the corps. Higbee with Stafford minus Gerald Everett made him my favorite FA target at the position for my team. And for 5k per season I was happy with the price. While Brycen Hopkins is a potential riser who can take some of those Everett targets I think Higbee is the lone stand out at the position for the Rams and I like his fit here in Anchorage.

OT DJ Humphries- Humphries had a great overall 2020 season. He started off slow but really came on the last 12 games. I wanted a reliable young guy who had experience playing both tackle spots and Humphries was that for me having played 100% of the possible snaps the last two seasons. Hopefully some early injuries in his career don’t come back and erase what I just said. Fingers crossed. I really like Jed Wills as my LT but they can battle it out for the starting job and regardless having the depth of Humphries/Wills both of whom can play at RT as well makes me feel much more comfortable at the tackle position. 8k is quite a bit but that depth and peace of mind is well worth it to me.

• Like 2

I gotta say, even if Jones is the third receiver, James Robinson still caught 49 passes last year and sounds like Travis Etienne is gonna get some slot snaps. I dunno if he's gonna get enough volume to be more than a BDL WR4/5, which is fine if all you want there is depth.

16 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Anchorage Offensive Free Agency Review

RB Marlon Mack- Mack is coming off of an Achilles injury but rushed for over 1k yards the season prior and over 900 yards the season before that. I know Hines is in the mix as a third down back as well as getting his fair share of touches but Mack would likely become the bell cow (if healthy himself) if anything were to happen to Taylor. I thought that insurance was worth 1k a season over the next two seasons. 

WR Marvin Jones- I wanted to obtain a veteran presence at the position that currently boasts two rookies and four second year players at wide receiver with Tyler Boyd being the only veteran. Jones will likely be the third option in Jax but his reliability and nose for the end zone (9 TDs in three of the last 4 seasons including back to back years) made him a player I had my eye on for my corps while my young guys developed. I’m sure he won’t put up that same production but I liked the bonus irl connection with TLaw similar to what I also have with Burrow and Boyd/Chase. 

TE Tyler Higbee- After trading Fant and Knox this offseason I entered FA with two rookies at the position. While both are two rookies I am very high on I needed a veteran presence to come in and headline the corps. Higbee with Stafford minus Gerald Everett made him my favorite FA target at the position for my team. And for 5k per season I was happy with the price. While Brycen Hopkins is a potential riser who can take some of those Everett targets I think Higbee is the lone stand out at the position for the Rams and I like his fit here in Anchorage.

OT DJ Humphries- Humphries had a great overall 2020 season. He started off slow but really came on the last 12 games. I wanted a reliable young guy who had experience playing both tackle spots and Humphries was that for me having played 100% of the possible snaps the last two seasons. Hopefully some early injuries in his career don’t come back and erase what I just said. Fingers crossed. I really like Jed Wills as my LT but they can battle it out for the starting job and regardless having the depth of Humphries/Wills both of whom can play at RT as well makes me feel much more comfortable at the tackle position. 8k is quite a bit but that depth and peace of mind is well worth it to me.

Oooooh my goodness what a freaking homer. This guy things these dudes are gonna be his difference makers.

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I gotta say, even if Jones is the third receiver, James Robinson still caught 49 passes last year and sounds like Travis Etienne is gonna get some slot snaps. I dunno if he's gonna get enough volume to be more than a BDL WR4/5, which is fine if all you want there is depth.

Marvin Jones Jr. was a godsend for us last year. He is a fine definition of better player in real life. 

• Like 2