BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

3 hours ago, MD4L said:

Gibson has RB1 upside and his contract could easily become one of the best values in the next couple of seasons. Chubb is a good player in his own right, so I think it’s a win-win.

Who cares? He's a running back.

Edited by Blue

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Who cares? He's a running back.

By name.   I'm not limited to just slating him in the backfield as a RB1.   He still has a lot to prove,  but he offers a ton of versatility in scheming.   Just another athlete to keep your Safety/LB's preoccupied from spying on Kyler.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

By name.   I'm not limited to just slating him in the backfield as a RB1.   He still has a lot to prove,  but he offers a ton of versatility in scheming.   Just another athlete to keep your Safety/LB's preoccupied from spying on Kyler.

He’s a weapon and I expect them to expand on his use as such in year 2 with hopefully more steady QB play if they address it. 

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

RB is an important position in BDL. 

Not any moreso than in the IRL NFL, and with even fewer teams here, it's a position you can easily find a quality starter at. There's going to be at least four quality starters at RB in BDL free agency alone.

It's not that I think Gibson is a bad player or anything, he just doesn't really move the needle when it comes to trade value.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not any moreso than in the IRL NFL, and with even fewer teams here, it's a position you can easily find a quality starter at. There's going to be at least four quality starters at RB in BDL free agency alone.

It's not that I think Gibson is a bad player or anything, he just doesn't really move the needle when it comes to trade value.

Name names

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

This is an unprecedented class of RBs in FA if this holds up. As someone who won a championship with the presence of an elite RB, I can definitely attest to its importance. Dalvin Cook was not healthy in the year prior and Jamaal Williams (solid player IMO) did not provide the same projection in gameplanning.