BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

43 minutes ago, Counselor said:

So Florida gets to go from Pitts to Gilbert? Lucky suckers 

Can you believe he cited homesickness as why he left LSU? And chose to go to a school even farther away from Vegas. 

He’ll do well and I never root for people not do well so it’s going to rough watching him do numbers at UF.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Can you believe he cited homesickness as why he left LSU? And chose to go to a school even farther away from Vegas. 

He’ll do well and I never root for people not do well so it’s going to rough watching him do numbers at UF.

Gilbert is from Georgia. You are thinking of Brevin Jordan

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Gilbert is from Georgia. You are thinking of Brevin Jordan

I think he's actually thinking of Darnell Washington, another big time TE recruit from that class. He was from Las Vegas but committed to Georgia.

9 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I blame all these NFL teams and their crazy contract structures. Also the Agents wanting sites to only report on the Extensions to make it seem like they got their player more money that they really did.

9 hours ago, Counselor said:

It should just be 75% of the per annual listed on spotrac. Y’all trying to nickel and dime is laughable. 

Exactly. And now since Kupp's contract is cut and dry, if I 3 up him I'll pay more than Rags would for Woods', when Woods' contract is  larger because we've gotten back to the old loophole factory that the contract thread used to be. Loooooove it. Forgot to add sarcasm font to the end

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Jlash said:

We've gone back to the ways of making contracts so complex again somehow.

We literally wouldn't be having this discussion if the contract committee had done their jobs and approved the contract extension I offered Woods before he signed a new deal IRL.

Edited by Blue

1 hour ago, Blue said:

We literally wouldn't be having this discussion if the contract committee had done their jobs and approved the contract extension I offered Woods before he signed a new deal IRL.

I don't really remember what you're talking about and I'm glad. I'm gonna be honest talking contracts with you is one of the most excruciating parts of this league. 

Years ago when we had nothing really figured out, everyones feelings got hurt because everything was arbitrary and we just tried to figure it out. But you in particular would come back 4 years later and go "See you idiots, if you had just allowed me to make up my own rules, I would've paid .0009 extra. Now I got a discount, hope you all feel stupid. Stupid dumb dumb idiot heads." On a situation that non one but yourself remembered. 

Something like that. 

But do remind us again how stupid we are for not allowing whatever extension you made up for Woods?