BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

13 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I don't really remember what you're talking about and I'm glad. I'm gonna be honest talking contracts with you is one of the most excruciating parts of this league. 

Years ago when we had nothing really figured out, everyones feelings got hurt because everything was arbitrary and we just tried to figure it out. But you in particular would come back 4 years later and go "See you idiots, if you had just allowed me to make up my own rules, I would've paid .0009 extra. Now I got a discount, hope you all feel stupid. Stupid dumb dumb idiot heads." On a situation that non one but yourself remembered. 

Something like that. 

But do remind us again how stupid we are for not allowing whatever extension you made up for Woods?

I literally just took the Spotrac number. 100% extension. This was four months ago, right after I took over for Whicker, using the exact same rules that are here now.

So, you know, **** off.

EDIT:

Asked for clarification on how I would do an extension under the current rules

Submitted the offer, which went unremarked on apart from Bcb for two days before it was no longer valid

Edited by Blue

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

I literally just took the Spotrac number. 100% extension. This was four months ago, right after I took over for Whicker, using the exact same rules that are here now.

So, you know, **** off.

EDIT:

Asked for clarification on how I would do an extension under the current rules

Submitted the offer, which went unremarked on apart from Bcb for two days before it was no longer valid

It was no longer valid because he signed his new deal?

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

It was no longer valid because he signed his new deal?

He didn't sign the deal until after I submitted the extension offer.

Every single person in this league would be pissed off if they followed the contract rules to the letter, then four of the five people responsible for approving it just ignored it until it was no longer a valid offer. EDIT: I'm sorry, three of four. Don't know why only four people are on the contract committee, seems like a lot to put on them when we need three approvals for any offer.

Edited by Blue