BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Here's my Hot take as well.

1.13: JOK - Despite my  love of three name athletes, a little too undersized for my taste as a LB and 1st rounder. Someone I might consider with my second round pick but this is way too early IMO. 

2.13: Jaylen Mayfield - Mayfield is a RT/OG only IMO. So wouldn’t be a replacement for Brown but a backup for Conklin/Teller. There are several LT FA’s this year to backup Brown.

4.12: Javonte Williams - Rounds 4 or 6/7 is normally where I consider RBs. I have liked what I have seen from Williams and Carter this year. A lot will depend on where Carson ends up I think.

4.13: Ar’Darius Washington - I do like versatile players but have the most depth now at S/CB. Closest player on my roster to Washington is K’Wuan Williams size wise. I think Williams ends up a Jet this offseason and even then would be a backup to superslot Jonathan Jones.

7.9: Quincy Roche - I like Roche and this would be good value for him. My edge looks thin now because I’m waiting for FA and the Draft to be over to make several moves. It’s dumb IMO to sign a guy and then watch his replacement get drafted when you can wait an have that information.

7.15: Amari Rodgers - Every Clemson player I have ever drafted busted so I avoid that school like the plague now.

Edited by SirA1

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Here's my Hot take as well.

1.13: JOK - Despite my  love of three name athletes, a little too undersized for my taste as a LB and 1st rounder. Someone I might consider with my second round pick but this is way too early IMO. 

2.13: Jaylen Mayfield - Mayfield is a RT/OG only IMO. So wouldn’t be a replacement for Brown but a backup for Conklin/Teller. There are several LT FA’s this year to backup Brown.

4.12: Javonte Brown - Rounds 4 or 6/7 is normally where I consider RBs. I have liked what I have seen from Brown and Carter this year. A lot will depend on where Carson ends up I think.

4.13: Ar’Darius Washington - I do like versatile players but have the most depth now at S/CB. Closest player on my roster to Washington is K’Wuan Williams size wise. I think Williams ends up a Jet this offseason and even then would be a backup to superslot Jonathan Jones.

7.9: Quincy Roche - I like Roche and this would be good value for him. My edge looks thin now because I’m waiting for FA and the Draft to be over to make several moves. It’s dumb IMO to sign a guy and then watch his replacement get drafted when you can wait an have that information.

7.15: Amari Rodgers - Every Clemson player I have ever drafted busted so I avoid that school like the plague now.

Please draft Javonte Brown so I can draft Javonte Williams

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

So if he had the #1 pick I wonder who he would pick? @SirA1?

Sewell.

I have only ever had two 1st round picks in 9 years. Shariff Floyd and Aaron Donald. Floyd just had some bad injury luck.

I haven't even had a 2nd round pick since 2017. Corey Davis who only got good after I traded him and Taco Charlton. 

The 4th Round is my Jam.

Bobby Wagner, Danielle Hunter, Deion Jones (5.3), Desmond King, Jessie Bates, CEH, Bryce Hall

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Sewell.

I have only ever had two 1st round picks in 9 years. Shariff Floyd and Aaron Donald. Floyd just had some bad injury luck.

I haven't even had a 2nd round pick since 2017. Corey Davis who only got good after I traded him and Taco Charlton. 

The 4th Round is my Jam.

Bobby Wagner, Danielle Hunter, Deion Jones (5.3), Desmond King, Jessie Bates, CEH, Bryce Hall

You have 2 of them acquire some more and get those diamonds

Trolling aside, I thought guys like Kevin Dodd and Kony Ealy were bad prospects when they came out of college and feel very vindicated to be right. It's a good feeling when a guy you don't think is any good and gets drafted high turns out to not be any good.

29 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Please draft Javonte Brown so I can draft Javonte Williams

Duane Brown on the mind when I was typing it up. Can you guess which guys aren't on my BB?

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Duane Brown on the mind when I was typing it up. Can you guess which guys aren't on my BB?

My guess is Mayfield and Rodgers. Rodgers for the Clemson thing and if you think Mayfield is RT only and you've got Conklin locking up that spot, I don't think he'd be on there.

Next week I'm going to include the same players with 1 or 2 changes, see the results. Next week, same thing. Eventually I'll have your entire board!

• Like 2