BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

6 hours ago, MD4L said:

Imagine drafting a generational talent and not giving him talent but competition out the gate.

He'd be foolish to take anyone other than Lawrence with the first pick. Like seriously dumb, you don't pass on a guy like that. The only thing better than one generational talent is two. He keeps them both for a year or two and decides which one to keep and then trades the other to get even more talent. Or, worst case scenario, imagine the Bengals don't fix their OL enough and Burrow sustains a bad injury and never looks the same. And I agree with what Counselor said too about having so many other early first rounders. Dude seriously has 4 other top 10 picks to use to surround Lawrence/Burrow with.

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

He'd be foolish to take anyone other than Lawrence with the first pick. Like seriously dumb, you don't pass on a guy like that. The only thing better than one generational talent is two. He keeps them both for a year or two and decides which one to keep and then trades the other to get even more talent. Or, worst case scenario, imagine the Bengals don't fix their OL enough and Burrow sustains a bad injury and never looks the same. And I agree with what Counselor said too about having so many other early first rounders. Dude seriously has 4 other top 10 picks to use to surround Lawrence/Burrow with.

I think he was talking about me going for a second QB this draft 

38 minutes ago, rackcs said:

That makes a lot more sense, got it. My bad MD4L. In that case then yeah I'd probably agree.

Yeah I get that. I still have enough to spend in FA though with limited spots on my roster so I will go bigger contracts on fewer guys but more top end talent. And will flip a QB in the future if I do go second QB.

4 hours ago, rackcs said:

That makes a lot more sense, got it. My bad MD4L. In that case then yeah I'd probably agree.

Burrow was my number one prospect in 2019, but not a generational talent from a scouting perspective. Unprecedented production in the SEC.