BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

2 round Mock 

Spoiler

1. Anchorage- Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson

We could post the draft thread now and I’d post this pick. 

2. Death Valley- Ja’Marr Chase WR LSU

Weapon for the DV offense

3. Death Valley- DeVonta Smith WR Bama

Double trouble at WR here in the draft for DV

4. Anchorage- Penei Sewell OT Oregon

2nd rated player on my BB at 4? Yeah I’ll take that.

5. Anchorage- Jaylen Waddle WR Bama

More Bama speed at WR. The 3rd player on my board is available here but I know I can get him later if I want barring AKB or Rome trading down.

6. Antarctica- Kyle Pitts TE UF

Our South Pole Rivals get their guy here.

7. Anchorage- Patrick Surtain ll CB Bama

Continue to add to the secondary even after trading for Jaylon Johnson. 

8. Rome- Micah Parsons LB PSU

Rome adds Parsons to LVE and Jordan Hicks to be the dominant player at that second level.

9. Anchorage- Caleb Farley CB VT

Another CB? Yep can’t have enough of these guys.

10. Camden- Zach Wilson QB BYU

Jlash will guarantee he is gone by this pick but in this mock he makes it.

11. Death Valley- Justin Fields QB OSU

DV gets their QBOTF to throw to their new targets.

12. Gotham- Kwity Paye Edge UM

Gotham gets some much needed edge help as the top 3 QBs are off the board.

13. Singapore- Rashawn Slater OL NW

A versatile lineman that could be gone earlier than this. This gives SirA1 some flexibility where he could play him.

14. Anchorage- Azeez Ojulari Edge UGA

I would like to run more 3-4 next year so having Chubb, Ojulari, Nwosu and Chaisson I have four players I can rotate and bring  from the 3-4 OLB position.

15. IC- Trey Lance QB NDSU

QBOTF with great physical traits and the ability to take care of the ball and keep the offense on the field for that defense to stay fresh and rested to dominate.

16. Cuba- Christian Barmore INT Bama

Horn is the popular pick here but Cuba goes for the Cox replacement on the interior to help win in the trenches. 

17. Seoul- Rashod Bateman WR MINN

Seoul needs more weapons for whichever QB they roll with between Ryan, Murray, and Hurts. Bateman is the 4th WR on my board and will be the Sutton replacement for Seoul.

18. IC- Christian Darrisaw OT VT

IC has three thirds and they grab a good tackle prospect here to protect their QBOTF and build up those trenches on offense hoping to match the trenches on defense.

19. Seoul- Jaycee Horn CB Scar

Seoul could use some more corner help and they grab the physical Horn here.

20. IC- Trevon Moehrig S TCU

Could be a bit high for Moehrig but I think he is unquestionably the top S prospect in this class. He reminds me a lot of Justin Simmons.

21. Antarctica- Alijah Vera-Tucker OL USC

AVT is another versatile lineman who could probably play tackle but might be better suited for guard. Where ever he plays AKB needs the help. They have 3 olinemen on the roster, one of them being Isaiah Wilson. They need the help if they want to win games.

22. Anchorage- Zaven Collins LB Tulsa

Would be a nice fit in the middle of a 3-4 with Murray and Holcomb for my team. He is versatile and big with good coverage instincts. I wish he was more physical for his size but at 22 I won’t complain. 

23. Rome- Gregory Rousseau Edge Miami 

A last name for BCB to misspell! Rome needs edge help and Rousseau has the raw talent to go much higher.

24. Rome- Najee Harris RB Bama

Might be a bit of a surprise pick here by Rome as they took Swift around this range last draft. However a Harris and Swift duo would take a lot of pressure off Herbert and allow the Rome offense to control the clock and keep their backs fresh. 

25. Camden- JOK LB ND

JOK isn’t a need for Camden but Jlash is a BPA guy and he is the BPA here at this point in the draft. A versatile defender he can move around and do some fun things with.

26. Death Valley- Joe Tryon Edge UW

As we get closer to the draft I expect Tryon to rise. DV needs someone opposite Burns and Tryon has a lot of potential to be an impact rusher.

27. Gotham- Jaelen Phillips Edge Miami

Pheltz isn’t afraid to double dip like with Jeudy and Higgins last year, and will go BPA. He adds Phillips to the edge to pair with Paye and he has an athletic pair that could boom and be beasts.

28. Camden- Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU

Camden adds Marshall to their WR group after trading away Hopkins. Marshall is tall with good long speed and can be the field stretcher the offense needs to compliment Brown and Kupp. 

29. Singapore- Daviyon Nixon INT  Iowa

Not a need but SirA1 gets his man and he can’t resist making this pick here. 

30. Berlin- Travis Etienne RB Clemson

Berlin may not want to allocate money to a big RB contract for Jones so they grab the Clemson star here. He would be a nice compliment even if Jones is brought back as well. 

31. IC- Rondale Moore WR Purdue

IC needs someone to be their future replacement for Robby Anderson and Moore has a skill set that pairs well with Claypool and McLaurin.

32. Seoul- Pat Frierermuth TE PSU

Yes they need edge help but I think they turn to FA and use some later picks than this as they have a lot. Yes they have Kelce but he has one year left on his contract. Here they get baby Gronk and can have some nice 2 Tight sets this season with them both. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

2 round Mock 

Reveal hidden contents

1. Anchorage- Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson

We could post the draft thread now and I’d post this pick. 

2. Death Valley- Ja’Marr Chase WR LSU

Weapon for the DV offense

3. Death Valley- DeVonta Smith WR Bama

Double trouble at WR here in the draft for DV

4. Anchorage- Penei Sewell OT Oregon

2nd rated player on my BB at 4? Yeah I’ll take that.

5. Anchorage- Jaylen Waddle WR Bama

More Bama speed at WR. The 3rd player on my board is available here but I know I can get him later if I want barring AKB or Rome trading down.

6. Antarctica- Kyle Pitts TE UF

Our South Pole Rivals get their guy here.

7. Anchorage- Patrick Surtain ll CB Bama

Continue to add to the secondary even after trading for Jaylon Johnson. 

8. Rome- Micah Parsons LB PSU

Rome adds Parsons to LVE and Jordan Hicks to be the dominant player at that second level.

9. Anchorage- Caleb Farley CB VT

Another CB? Yep can’t have enough of these guys.

10. Camden- Zach Wilson QB BYU

Jlash will guarantee he is gone by this pick but in this mock he makes it.

11. Death Valley- Justin Fields QB OSU

DV gets their QBOTF to throw to their new targets.

12. Gotham- Kwity Paye Edge UM

Gotham gets some much needed edge help as the top 3 QBs are off the board.

13. Singapore- Rashawn Slater OL NW

A versatile lineman that could be gone earlier than this. This gives SirA1 some flexibility where he could play him.

14. Anchorage- Azeez Ojulari Edge UGA

I would like to run more 3-4 next year so having Chubb, Ojulari, Nwosu and Chaisson I have four players I can rotate and bring  from the 3-4 OLB position.

15. IC- Trey Lance QB NDSU

QBOTF with great physical traits and the ability to take care of the ball and keep the offense on the field for that defense to stay fresh and rested to dominate.

16. Cuba- Christian Barmore INT Bama

Horn is the popular pick here but Cuba goes for the Cox replacement on the interior to help win in the trenches. 

17. Seoul- Rashod Bateman WR MINN

Seoul needs more weapons for whichever QB they roll with between Ryan, Murray, and Hurts. Bateman is the 4th WR on my board and will be the Sutton replacement for Seoul.

18. IC- Christian Darrisaw OT VT

IC has three thirds and they grab a good tackle prospect here to protect their QBOTF and build up those trenches on offense hoping to match the trenches on defense.

19. Seoul- Jaycee Horn CB Scar

Seoul could use some more corner help and they grab the physical Horn here.

20. IC- Trevon Moehrig S TCU

Could be a bit high for Moehrig but I think he is unquestionably the top S prospect in this class. He reminds me a lot of Justin Simmons.

21. Antarctica- Alijah Vera-Tucker OL USC

AVT is another versatile lineman who could probably play tackle but might be better suited for guard. Where ever he plays AKB needs the help. They have 3 olinemen on the roster, one of them being Isaiah Wilson. They need the help if they want to win games.

22. Anchorage- Zaven Collins LB Tulsa

Would be a nice fit in the middle of a 3-4 with Murray and Holcomb for my team. He is versatile and big with good coverage instincts. I wish he was more physical for his size but at 22 I won’t complain. 

23. Rome- Gregory Rousseau Edge Miami 

A last name for BCB to misspell! Rome needs edge help and Rousseau has the raw talent to go much higher.

24. Rome- Najee Harris RB Bama

Might be a bit of a surprise pick here by Rome as they took Swift around this range last draft. However a Harris and Swift duo would take a lot of pressure off Herbert and allow the Rome offense to control the clock and keep their backs fresh. 

25. Camden- JOK LB ND

JOK isn’t a need for Camden but Jlash is a BPA guy and he is the BPA here at this point in the draft. A versatile defender he can move around and do some fun things with.

26. Death Valley- Joe Tryon Edge UW

As we get closer to the draft I expect Tryon to rise. DV needs someone opposite Burns and Tryon has a lot of potential to be an impact rusher.

27. Gotham- Jaelen Phillips Edge Miami

Pheltz isn’t afraid to double dip like with Jeudy and Higgins last year, and will go BPA. He adds Phillips to the edge to pair with Paye and he has an athletic pair that could boom and be beasts.

28. Camden- Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU

Camden adds Marshall to their WR group after trading away Hopkins. Marshall is tall with good long speed and can be the field stretcher the offense needs to compliment Brown and Kupp. 

29. Singapore- Daviyon Nixon INT  Iowa

Not a need but SirA1 gets his man and he can’t resist making this pick here. 

30. Berlin- Travis Etienne RB Clemson

Berlin may not want to allocate money to a big RB contract for Jones so they grab the Clemson star here. He would be a nice compliment even if Jones is brought back as well. 

31. IC- Rondale Moore WR Purdue

IC needs someone to be their future replacement for Robby Anderson and Moore has a skill set that pairs well with Claypool and McLaurin.

32. Seoul- Pat Frierermuth TE PSU

Yes they need edge help but I think they turn to FA and use some later picks than this as they have a lot. Yes they have Kelce but he has one year left on his contract. Here they get baby Gronk and can have some nice 2 Tight sets this season with them both. 

I think the two CB's drop and the two QB's at 10 and 11 are gone.....as you said I would say. Haha

Good work.

• Like 1