BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I just don’t want you to be leery. Rest your leers. I am here to provide you comfort. Don’t curse. It is not necessary. 

You only know those guys because they panned out. Nobody keeps track of all the highly-drafted JUCOs who bombed like Kevin White, Cordarrelle Patterson, Sylvester Williams, or Randy Gregory unless you really go looking for them.

EDIT: Forgot Damarious Randall, too.

Edited by Blue

Just now, Blue said:

You only know those guys because they panned out. Nobody keeps track of all the JUCOs who bombed like Kevin White, Cordarrelle Patterson, Sylvester Williams, or Randy Gregory unless you really go looking for them.

I know those guys as well. There are guys from every school that don’t pan out even in the SEC. It’s all a gamble. Rest those leers. 

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I know those guys as well. There are guys from every school that don’t pan out even in the SEC. It’s all a gamble. Rest those leers. 

You're right, guys don't pan out all the time, why bother trying to figure out which guys are more likely to pan out or not

Just now, Blue said:

You're right, guys don't pan out all the time, why bother trying to figure out which guys are more likely to pan out or not

I never said you shouldn’t but if you want to be leery over a guy because of other players from a JC that didn’t pan out and ignore the successes of the ones that did, that is your prerogative. 

Just now, Counselor said:

I never said you shouldn’t but if you want to be leery over a guy because of other players from a JC that didn’t pan out and ignore the successes of the ones that did, that is your prerogative. 

You don't know what the word "leery" means, do you

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I mean I had Montez Sweat as a top-10 pick when he came out, saying I'm leery of JUCO prospects doesn't mean I think they're trash. Feels like you're projecting your own insecurities with drafting onto me, bro.

Nice reach. I gave you Rodgers and you said he wasn’t a relevant example so I gave you more. Kevin White has injury issues and Gregory had substance abuse issues. So using them as two of your failure examples coming from a Juco is another reach.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Nice reach. I gave you Rodgers and you said he wasn’t a relevant example so I gave you more. Kevin White has injury issues and Gregory had substance abuse issues. So using them as two of your failure examples coming from a Juco is another reach.

White was bad even without the injuries. I always thought Gregory was overrated as a prospect.

Noting you didn't say anything about dudes like Patterson tho.

Just now, Blue said:

White was bad even without the injuries. I always thought Gregory was overrated as a prospect.

Noting you didn't say anything about dudes like Patterson tho.

Patterson I was not very high on. And he played one year of Division 1 ball. That’s a bit different than a DT in Nixon having three seasons in a division 1 program receiving division one technique development and coaching. 

• Like 1