BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

23 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

There you go @Ragnarok your BDL runningback back with your favorite team. Just needs a 3up now.

20 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Green Bay pulling a Singapore and stocking up at RB. Dillon Stock down though.

Looks like it'd be a 4 year deal at 9k a year.  I'll wait for official numbers, but he's getting the 3Up.

Now I just wait for Linsley and Hendrickson to get their deals.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

As in you hate me keeping him, hate us re-signing him, hate us re-signing him for that price, hate him in general...you gotta narrow that down.

Hate resigning him. Let him go, pick up the comp pick, ride with Dillon and Jamaal Williams.

If you bring back Aaron Jones, then you've now wasted both of your first two picks from last year.

Just now, Blue said:

Hate resigning him. Let him go, pick up the comp pick, ride with Dillon and Jamaal Williams.

If you bring back Aaron Jones, then you've now wasted both of your first two picks from last year.

Understandable.  It sounds like it might be pretty heavily incentive-laden, in which case I'd rather have Jones and Dillon than Williams and Dillon.

It likely means Linsley is gone, which makes me very sad.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Understandable.  It sounds like it might be pretty heavily incentive-laden, in which case I'd rather have Jones and Dillon than Williams and Dillon.

It likely means Linsley is gone, which makes me very sad.

It definitely means Linsley is gone, which I hate because he's the one they should have resigned if they could only sign one.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

It definitely means Linsley is gone, which I hate because he's the one they should have resigned if they could only sign one.

Maybe Linsley does the Packers and my BDL team a favor and re-signs for like...3 mil a year.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Blue said:

Adding onto this, I think that the Packers and Linsley had to have an idea of what average yearly deal he was going to get.  If they knew Linsley was going to get priced out by the Chargers, Jets, or Bengals, then it would make sense for them to go ahead and lock up Jones.

38 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Adding onto this, I think that the Packers and Linsley had to have an idea of what average yearly deal he was going to get.  If they knew Linsley was going to get priced out by the Chargers, Jets, or Bengals, then it would make sense for them to go ahead and lock up Jones.

No, it made sense to save that money and spend it on a cornerback, defensive tackle, or offensive line depth. Now they're sitting here having spent a second-round pick on a backup running back.