BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

5 hours ago, rackcs said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q8UUhmPc6MtpwwwkeESCpJuZG1FpHPh8unKOD1KlYKA/edit?usp=sharing

Stayed late at work to finish this thing for you guys. I scrapped my trade mock because I had neither the time nor the patience for it this week. I'll try to do a trade mock before the actual draft though.

Instead I did an original pick mock where everyone has their original picks so everyone gets 7 players and that's it.

1 - Caleb Farley would definitely be in contention there.  The back thing scares me a bit, but if he stays healthy, I think he will be elite.

2 - I actually haven't looked at Wyatt Davis much.  I feel very good about 4/5ths of my OL, but do need some competition for Solomon.

3 - Jamin Davis is a really intriguing player and could be a good future replacement for Rashaan.  He was very good against UT this year.

4 - Haven't looked at Dyami Brown, but I would want to add a WR in this class.

5 - I would love it if I landed Michael Carter there.  Think he is being a bit undervalued.

6 - Don't know anything about Christensen, but this is a deep OT class, so there will be good value later in the draft.

7 - Don't know much about that DT either, but I have a number of guys I like a lot in the 6th/7th.

34 minutes ago, Blue said:

Josh Myers > Wyatt Davis

I agree. I think Davis will still end up a solid player but not the elite guard many were making him out to be. I'm high on Myers as well, he's my second rated center.

1.4 Kyle Pitts TE- Now I love Kyle Pitts just as much as anybody but positional value comes into play here especially with me only having 1 first. Look at the two teams that played in the Bizz bowl last year. Cuba and IC. One didn’t even have a TE in their starting lineup while other trotted out Ian Thomas. There’s a reason I traded Noah Fant for a young Corner. And yes Pitts can split out but at the end of the day he is a TE. And there are some Tight ends I like I think I can get later, especially in this draft scenario. So with that being said, since I don’t get Lawrence here I go to my board for BPA and select Zach Wilson. There is no guarantee Burrow will become great or be as mobile after his injury. So some insurance here with a player I see as being great would be my pick.

2.19 Rashod Bateman WR Minn

100% like this pick. I do need receiving help and with now going Zach Wilson in round 1 taking Bateman here is ideal. I am a big Bateman fan, I won’t hide that. 

3.34 Jabril Cox LB LSU

Yes I would like to add a LB at some point but here I would take Baby Gronk. Adding Wilson, Bateman, and Frierermuth will give me offensive firepower in the passing game to elevate my offense. 

4.52 Terrace Marshall Jr WR

Another receiver I am quite a fan of. He and Rondale Moore here would be quite the decision for me. One I would love to have the opportunity to make. I’ll stick with Marshall here and continue to add weapons.

5.67 Elijah Molden CB UW

Elijah fits two categories I have shown a tendency for in BDL drafts. A UW defender and a scrappy DB. That being said I’d go Leatherwood here who goes a spot later. With his SEC experience and testing numbers I believe he has a high floor and will be versatile and valuable along my line. 

6.82 Rashad Weaver Edge Pitt

I feel like Rack knows me pretty well. Weaver fits my mold of edge.  Solid against the run (Trey Flowers and Sam Hubbard from past trade and pick) while also being able to get after the QB as shown by his pass rush win rate in college. I need the help on the edge and this is great value. 

7.100 David Moore OG Grambling State

Milton Williams would be my pick here. If anything I’ve learned gamble on the freak athletes like this late. If he goes to the right situation with good coaching he could turn out to be a beast. If not just a 7th round pick that was spent. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Excuse me but isn't the whole purpose of a committee to provide oversight into these sorts of things and verify the details? totally srs

No.  Its to evaluate whether or not the trade is vetoable from a league balance standpoint.

10 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Excuse me but isn't the whole purpose of a committee to provide oversight into these sorts of things and verify the details? totally srs

Weren't you bidding on someone in RFA?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't think he has an issue with a trade. Moreso someone not checking to see if the picks are right 

I think that’s my bad.   The picks showed as mine in the roster sheet,  so thought the trade had went through.  Didn’t check to see if the other had passed