BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

38 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Pen... Sewll OT 

This is one of those rankings where a guy has been top tier so long analysts get bored with it and try and pick at any flaw and find any reason to be different than everyone else. If you watch the tape you see this kid is a top 3 player in this class. (I know it’s not your ranking) 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

This is one of those rankings where a guy has been top tier so long analysts get bored with it and try and pick at any flaw and find any reason to be different than everyone else. If you watch the tape you see this kid is a top 3 player in this class. (I know it’s not your ranking) 

Like Wilson being ranked over Lawrence. We get it.

• Like 1

In looking that link I noticed Trevor Lawrence is not the top prospect they’ve graded in the last 5 years.

Laremy Tunsil, Myles Jack, DeForest Buckner (tied), Myles Garrett, Saquan Barkley, Quenton Nelson (tied), Bradley Chubb (tied) all reached or had higher grades as prospect.

Disclaimer: I believe Mayock’s grades are what was listed (could be incorrect) and Jeremiah’s rankings are now posted. It could also be the same people but interesting nonetheless.

15 minutes ago, MD4L said:

In looking that link I noticed Trevor Lawrence is not the top prospect they’ve graded in the last 5 years.

Laremy Tunsil, Myles Jack, DeForest Buckner (tied), Myles Garrett, Saquan Barkley, Quenton Nelson (tied), Bradley Chubb (tied) all reached or had higher grades as prospect.

Disclaimer: I believe Mayock’s grades are what was listed (could be incorrect) and Jeremiah’s rankings are now posted. It could also be the same people but interesting nonetheless.

Do you think he should ranked higher than all of those guys? Or which ones if not all.

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Do you think he should ranked higher than all of those guys? Or which ones if not all.

Tunsil? Yes
Jack? Yes
Buckner? Yes

Garrett? Yes, but this is debatable because Garrett was a physical specimen with production. There were some comments about his attitude/effort but he checked out off field too.

Barkley? Yes. I’d say this debatable if someone does not include positional value. Barkley was also an extremely high ceiling with a strong floor if he didn’t blossom into an elite player. Solid off field checks too.

Nelson: Yes. See Barkley

Chubb: Yes

• Like 1