BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Just now, MD4L said:

He wasn’t my top tackle either. He was the census top tackle and widely celebrated when the Giants made the pick. The game film was his strongest selling point.

If you watch the film and games as much as I watched UGA you could see the flaws that showed his rookie year. Draft media and analysts do get it wrong even the consensus (Aaron Curry for example). I think he will be good once he irons out those flaws and I think toward the end of the season he did do better. But again arm length is overrated especially if a guy has 33” at least and people want to pick at that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

If you watch the film and games as much as I watched UGA you could see the flaws that showed his rookie year. Draft media and analysts do get it wrong even the consensus (Aaron Curry for example). I think he will be good once he irons out those flaws and I think toward the end of the season he did do better. But again arm length is overrated especially if a guy has 33” at least and people want to pick at that. 

His athletic profile was the bigger red flag personally. He wasn’t a poor athlete but not the elite type like some of the other talented OTs. He was my OT4 during the draft last year.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

His athletic profile was the bigger red flag personally. He wasn’t a poor athlete but not the elite type like some of the other talented OTs. He was my OT4 during the draft last year.

Yes he was lacking there as well in technical aspects of playing tackle. 

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I could see the Waddle, Rousseau and Harris picks actually happening though in that mock by Ruskie tbh

Not going to happen. I actually just removed Rousseau from my Board finally.

• Like 1