BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Sewell is a great player, don't get me wrong. But why extend Dawkins on a big deal to then draft Sewell? I guess also giving up on Austin Jackson already as well.

Not to say it's a bad pick either. Just the Dawkins extension seems like a weird use of resources.

Not remotely giving up on Jackson. Having Sewell gives me long term ability at the position. Dawkins, Sewell, and Jackson, especially with rhe way injuries go, is the way I wanted to go the moment I knew I had rhe #2 pick

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

"Hey guys dead serious 100% honest I don't smoke screen I'm not taking a QB early!"

I called this months ago.

Good pick.

You did. I wasn't gonna come out and give away specifically who I was drafting though. 

Sewell, for me, is the #2 player in this draft regardless of position. Behind Lawrence. Wilson is a QB I think has a great shot to be a really good player in the NFL.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I think Sewell at LT, Jackson at RT, and Dawkins at LG could work.  Pretty sure Dawkins has played guard some.

Just don't get paying him almost 11,000 over 4 years if you're just going to move him to OG and grab a tackle at 2. There's ways obviously to get all the players on the field, it's just more of a resource management thing to me.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

You did. I wasn't gonna come out and give away specifically who I was drafting though. 

Sewell, for me, is the #2 player in this draft regardless of position. Behind Lawrence. Wilson is a QB I think has a great shot to be a really good player in the NFL.

It's a good pick

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Just don't get paying him almost 11,000 over 4 years if you're just going to move him to OG and grab a tackle at 2. There's ways obviously to get all the players on the field, it's just more of a resource management thing to me.

2 main reasons. I didn't have another guy I absolutely wanted to 3 up, and I had the cap space. I used the luxury while the luxury exists.