BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Okay so that tells me what you think about him. That doesn't explain how that pick specifically is the best pick in the draft.

Because I think he should've gone in the top 16 and Blue got him at around 30th. I thought that made it pretty obvious.

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Kyle Trask????

Confused Star Wars GIF

So, I gotta be honest I agree with EPC here. 2 OTs, a G, AKB was doing so well and they have 2 young QBs on the roster and they draft Kyle Trask? I see this dude as an average to below average starter, maybe a slightly above average career backup.

17 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Because I think he should've gone in the top 16 and Blue got him at around 30th. I thought that made it pretty obvious.

So, the biggest steal of the draft. I see.

Because "the best pick of the draft" and the "biggest steal of the draft" with all due respect are 2 very different things.

Also, should've is relative to personal opinion of him. He very well could but I could also see Oweh or Ojulari going in front of me, possibly even Kwity Paye. It just depends on how much people buy into his production vs.  The scheme in which he played. There is no doubt he has skills but as I said before he is a boom or bust prospect imo.

Edited by wwhickok

New Orleans Trade Block:

WR - Parris Campbell
OT - Jawaan Taylor
Edge - Justin Houston
Edge - Chase Winovich
INT - Shelby Harris
INT - Maliek Collins
CB - Stephon Gilmore
CB - AJ Bouye
S - Kevin Byard

Come trade with me :)

Just now, wwhickok said:

Value wise I guess Mac Jones makes sense in this range. But it doesn't necessarily make sense for me that Gotham is the team that took him

I get it. It's similar to the Anchorage thing with Burrow/Lawrence albeit obviously we're talking about very different skill levels. Truth is if you don't have a good QB in the BDL you're getting nowhere so makes sense to maximize your chances at getting a good QB on a rookie contract. I believe Lukic did a similar thing a few years ago and look at what he has been able to build around his cheap rookie QB.

Just now, MD4L said:

Toney is awesome. UF had an elite skill group this year.

I complained about a lot of Rousseau's production coming from scheming but Toney is a different level there. Rags better hopes he gets drafted by a team with a creative OC. I think there was a better, similar player available.