BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

52 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Yuck, not a fan of the Toney and Trask picks. Finally some stuff I don't like happening.

47 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I complained about a lot of Rousseau's production coming from scheming but Toney is a different level there. Rags better hopes he gets drafted by a team with a creative OC. I think there was a better, similar player available.

He obviously isn't a perfect prospect or he would have gone much higher.  But he has top tier separation and YAC skills which I value.  

That said, you are correct in that, like with almost every prospect, whether or not he does well will be determined by his coaching.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

He obviously isn't a perfect prospect or he would have gone much higher.  But he has top tier separation and YAC skills which I value.  

That said, you are correct in that, like with almost every prospect, whether or not he does well will be determined by his coaching.

Well to be clear I think it's more important for him than the average prospect. I do not think he is going to be good at creating for himself and he's going to need someone who can scheme the ball into his hands so he can use that YAC ability.

Hey guys, I have a fun exercises we can play while we wait for the draft to pick back up:

1. What is the maximum you would be willing to pay for a LT in FA?

2. What are the top 5 LT contracts per year in the league?

3. What is the maximum you would be willing to pay for a top 12 QB in FA?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Well to be clear I think it's more important for him than the average prospect. I do not think he is going to be good at creating for himself and he's going to need someone who can scheme the ball into his hands so he can use that YAC ability.

That part I 100% disagree with.  He can definitely create for himself as he was able to freelance quite a bit at Florida.  Toney needs to improve his route running at the top of the route and, if anything, learn when to and when not to freelance.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Hey guys, I have a fun exercises we can play while we wait for the draft to pick back up:

1. What is the maximum you would be willing to pay for a LT in FA?

2. What are the top 5 LT contracts per year in the league?

3. What is the maximum you would be willing to pay for a top 12 QB in FA?

1. 0.  Prefer the draft

2. No idea, 12k+

3. 0. Prefer the draft