BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

I don't understand the Davis Mills hype. 13 games played in college with 18 touchdowns and just 11 starts.

Anyways, Hamilcar Rashed, Shaun Wade, and Brady Christensen are the only players I'm even a little bit surprised weren't drafted.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

Huge fan of Surratt and Cisco.

Cisco has major boom potential. Incredible range, but he makes soooooo many bad plays. He reminds me of Bacarri Rambo in that sense. If he can get disciplined he's going to be awesome to watch.

5 hours ago, Blue said:

I don't understand the Davis Mills hype. 13 games played in college with 18 touchdowns and just 11 starts.

Anyways, Hamilcar Rashed, Shaun Wade, and Brady Christensen are the only players I'm even a little bit surprised weren't drafted.

Considered Wade a few times.

Death Valley Nightmare 2021 Draft Class

1.2 -- LT Penei Sewell / Oregon

1.5 -- QB Zach Wilson/ BYU

2.5 -- Edge Kwity Paye / Michigan 

2.10 -- LB Zaven Collins / Tulsa

3.1 -- C Creed Humphrey / Oklahoma 

4.4 -- S Jevon Holland / Oregon

4.6 --WR Tamorrion Terry / FSU

5.13 -- CB Robert Rochell, Central Arkansas

6.4 -- DT Bobby Brown III

7.15 -- C Trey Hill, Georgia

Im pretty happy with this class and there really wasn't 2 PFA guys I wanted and really like Hill's potential, hence the trade up.

The only 3 guys throughout the draft I really wanted that I didn't get were one of Pat Friermuth or Tommy Tremble and Trey Sermon. Overall, I mean who knows what will become of these guys but I feel good about it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SirA1 said:

@rackcs what are your thoughts on the WR from Illinois. Josh Inagaddada-vida 

Super athlete but definitely needs a lot of refinement. The kind of guy you take a mid-late round flier on and hope he develops well.

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I look forward to your hate.

UF-v-Mizzou-10-31-20-4.jpg?w=1000

Spoiler alert: C+

I thought the range you took him in wasn't too bad except that there were better, similar players available.

9 hours ago, Blue said:

He's a tall, white QB. I feel like that's really it as far as Davis Mills but what do I know. And I would have been surprised to see Shaun Wade drafted in the BDL. Dude was so bad last year. Although I guess some other players in similar situations were still drafted so who knows.

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Spoiler alert: C+

I thought the range you took him in wasn't too bad except that there were better, similar players available.

I think 36 for Toney is very nice value and we obviously disagree on there being better, similar players.  I think Elijah and Rondale are similar, but not better prospects.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think 36 for Toney is very nice value and we obviously disagree on there being better, similar players.  I think Elijah and Rondale are similar, but not better prospects.

Yeah, obviously we disagree and you could very well be right. All of my grades and mocks are just for fun, not meant to be taken too seriously.

53 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I would have been surprised to see Shaun Wade drafted in the BDL. Dude was so bad last year. Although I guess some other players in similar situations were still drafted so who knows.

I think Wade gets moved back to slot or safety and does well in the pros. Putting him at boundary corner really didn't put him in position to succeed.

• Like 1

I was one of the biggest Shaun Wade fans before this season. Safety or slot would be best for him like Blue said. He has some technical flaws that hopefully can be worked out but I don’t know how much more upside he is bringing to the table. If he was 20/21 sure but he will be 23 already in September and his game isn’t refined as much as other older prospects like a Richie Grant for example.