BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

29 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Is this supposed to indicate his accuracy? 

CEH was pretty impressive last year considering who he had blocking in from of him.   I hate most Veach drafts,  but I like that pick. 

49 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I know most people hate Chris Simms rankings but he had CEH as his #1 RB last year and has Dyami Brown at his # 1C WR this year (Chase and Smith).  Just watched that today. He was barely on my radar until about a week ago.

Hoping he lands in a spot where he can be used correctly.

Hey he thinks Cisco is the best safety in this class.  How exciting for me 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

CEH was pretty impressive last year considering who he had blocking in from of him.   I hate most Veach drafts,  but I like that pick. 

Didn’t say he wasn’t good but I don’t think he’s the best back in that class. And if we are going to address the oline but not include how the presence of Mahomes and that passing game open up things for him then this won’t be an unbiased debate.

No way in hell is Brown in the same class as Smith, Waddle or Chase. Wasn't Simms also putting other QB's over Lawrence, even things like Kellen Mond was close to Lawrence. Trying too hard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

No way in hell is Brown in the same class as Smith, Waddle or Chase. Wasn't Simms also putting other QB's over Lawrence, even things like Kellen Mond was close to Lawrence. Trying too hard.

He is 97% click bait now with 3% correct material he can point to each year.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

He is 97% click bait now with 3% correct material he can point to each year.

I need to amend my post, because he said he's better than Fields and Lance, but has Wilson over Lawrence.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jlash said:

He also said Waddle was not as fast as Chase, Brown and Smith 😬

According to Simms, “Acceleration, twitchiness, quickness — off the charts good. But speed, pure, straight-line speed is not as good as the top 3 (Ja’Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith, Dyami Brown).”

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I don’t know how you can watch film and honestly come up with that... 

Because like Rags said, he realizes bad takes make him more money than accurate ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Didn’t say he wasn’t good but I don’t think he’s the best back in that class. And if we are going to address the oline but not include how the presence of Mahomes and that passing game open up things for him then this won’t be an unbiased debate.

I usually pretty unbiased.  I don’t even like half the Chiefs roster.  If it weren’t for Mahomes, we’d be asking why Veach is still employed.

I was very high on CEH for the Chiefs predraft though.   1st Round was a definite reach irl,  I’d take Dobbins over him but I’m not sure by much.  

Mahomes definitely helps (he helps the whole roster) though I’m not sure it’s as much as people think.  Sit in cover 3,  rush 4 a majority of the game.  it’s what the smart teams did and we could never figure out a way to consistently beat it.   OL couldn’t stop a 4 man rush, nor block to the 2nd level in the run game.   Our OL put no pressure on any 2nd level of the D,   If that makes any sense(I could also just be talking out my.... cuz it still hurts from the SB)

Edited by samsel23
  • Like 1