BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Just now, wwhickok said:

That's not what I said at all. I meant I spent most of my time scouting Wilson specifically this offseason, I didn't do much Lawrence scouting because I knew he was going #1 overall.

Fair enough. A much more defined answer I can agree with.

Just now, MD4L said:

Fair enough. A much more defined answer I can agree with.

Yeah, no I think Lawrence is the better of the two QBs right now. But I'm not sure I would've committed to that having spent all of my time scouting a completely different player who was also very impressed with. 

As for the last 10 years, I can't in anyway say who the best prospect I've scouted in that time was, there's been a lot of great ones. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

Yeah, no I think Lawrence is the better of the two QBs right now. But I'm not sure I would've committed to that having spent all of my time scouting a completely different player who was also very impressed with. 

As for the last 10 years, I can't in anyway say who the best prospect I've scouted in that time was, there's been a lot of great ones. 

Trevor has been a favorite of a long time. Fields has a dynamic skill set. I think Mac Jones has the functional tools to be solid. Lance is a little raw to me and lacks experience against quality competition though he has a great skill set. I have warmed up to Zach. He’s got tools to start so his makeup and intangibles are the things he’ll have to overcome.

Lots of talent and potential in that group.

• Like 1

Watching more of Mac Jones, I'm pretty confident he'll be good. Lawrence is clearly no.1, but I think it's tight between him and Wilson. Very high floor - I would be stunned if he's not an ok starter for many years. Might not be a superstar, but somewhere in that sort of Matt Ryan (save for the MVP campaign) where he's in that 8-12 range of QBs. 

4 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Watching more of Mac Jones, I'm pretty confident he'll be good. Lawrence is clearly no.1, but I think it's tight between him and Wilson. Very high floor - I would be stunned if he's not an ok starter for many years. Might not be a superstar, but somewhere in that sort of Matt Ryan (save for the MVP campaign) where he's in that 8-12 range of QBs. 

I like Mac Jones as well. I think Gotham will be very happy with that pick in the third. 

11 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

He’ll need to add size to his 217 frame, but he’s got the mobility to buy extra time. The subtle steps within the pocket might be his most underrated skill.

Favorite and Least Favorite
This isn’t solely based on value, although that is an aspect.  It also takes into account how much I like the prospect, the need they filled, and the fit on the team.

1st Round
Least Favorite - Penei Sewell - This round is a bit nitpicky cause there weren’t any big reaches, and he is a great prospect, but you just drafted Austin Jackson, you 3 Upped Dion Dawkins...and I double checked and don’t think Dawkins has ever played OG in the NFL.  Chase would have made that offense more dynamic.  Upgrading #1 WR > Upgrading at LG.

Favorite - Caleb Farley - He was my #1 CB in the draft, even with the injury concerns, and to get him at 15 was great value, if even he isn’t an immediate need.

2nd Round
Least Favorite - Travis Etienne - I mentioned before how I like him but don’t love him.  I don’t think he has any one quality that justifies him as a 1st round RB.

Favorite - Gregory Rousseau - Getting him at 30 as the 4th edge rusher was great value.  Not to mention, Cancun had a desperate need at edge.

3rd Round
Least Favorite - Kyle Trask - I actually like Trask quite a bit and would be very surprised if he fell out of the first half of the 2nd round.  But to take him over Mac Jones and to take him this early in BDL is a reach.  Especially when you have Tua and Lamar already.

Favorite - Azeez Ojulari - if I liked the value of Rousseau earlier, then I love the value of Azeez here, who I had rated higher than Rousseau.

4th Round
Least Favorite - Walker Little - I think there were numerous better prospects at OT available here instead of a guy who has barely played in two years and has numerous injury concerns.

Favorite - Rondale Moore - Cuba got great value here with an explosive gadget player who fits a role they didn’t have on the roster before.

5th Round
Least Favorite - Payton Turner - This one was tough because a ton of great value was drafted in this round.  I just had a few edge guys over Turner.

Favorite - Jalen Mayfield - This might be my favorite pick in the draft from a pure value standpoint.  I know he didn’t have the best pro day, but the dude can play.  I think IC got an early starter here.

6th Round
Least Favorite - Bobby Brown - Like with the last round, this was tough because everyone drafted well overall.  I had the next 3 DTs to get drafted rated above Brown, so he gets the spot.

Favorite - Kelvin Joseph - He comes with a ton of risk and even Stoops had some issues with him, but he is supremely talented and well worth the risk here.

7th Round
Least Favorite - None.  It’s the 7th round.

Favorite - Ben Cleveland - Have you seen his girlfriend?

• Like 5

This QB class is garbage outside of Trevor Lawrence. The only other QB I would even consider in the top 25 is Trey Lance and he shouldn't go in the top 10. This is going to be like the 2011 class where everyone in the top half of the first round panned out as borderline Hall of Famers except the quarterbacks.

Edited by Blue

1 minute ago, Blue said:

This QB class is garbage outside of Trevor Lawrence. The only other QB I would even consider in the top 25 is Trey Lance and he shouldn't go in the top 10. This is going to be like the 2011 class where everyone in the top half of the first round panned out as borderline Hall of Famers except the quarterbacks.

Oh good glad I got a couple of those guys then

• Like 1

On Kelvin from Chad Forbes

Worst Character award should be awarded each season. But the NFL media is way too beholden to the Agents. In my time evaluating NFL Prospects... Kelvin Joseph CB Kentucky has the worst character I’ve encountered. He’s off 20 Boards.

Probably means he will end up an all pro for @SirA1 definitely worth the risk at that pick regardless.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

On Kelvin from Chad Forbes

Worst Character award should be awarded each season. But the NFL media is way too beholden to the Agents. In my time evaluating NFL Prospects... Kelvin Joseph CB Kentucky has the worst character I’ve encountered. He’s off 20 Boards.

Probably means he will end up an all pro for @SirA1 definitely worth the risk at that pick regardless.

That reminded me of Nolan Nawrocki, whom I now know works for the Raiders.